b&m shifter

-

dartman340ta

Reaction score
quick ? how do ya adjust a b/m shifter rachet shifter rev manual valve body is there something i'm missing .yes i have the rod for b/m ...... it holds 2nd gear valve open just a little so theres seams like no 2 nd

I have a b&M pro ratchet standard shift pattern in my duster with a 904.

its cable driven.

mine came with a bracket that mounted to the trans pan rail that held the end of the cable and had an adjustment nut on it.

all I did was put my tranny in park by hand and then adjusted the cable to match that position and locked the jam nut down and it was perfect.

I also removed my kick down linkage ( figured if I want to kick it down I will just use the ratchet shifter).

not sure if that helps you any?

I have a b&M pro ratchet standard shift pattern in my duster with a 904.

its cable driven.

mine came with a bracket that mounted to the trans pan rail that held the end of the cable and had an adjustment nut on it.

all I did was put my tranny in park by hand and then adjusted the cable to match that position and locked the jam nut down and it was perfect.

I also removed my kick down linkage ( figured if I want to kick it down I will just use the ratchet shifter).

not sure if that helps you any?

I hope you forgot to mention that you have a manual valve body or that trans won't last long. The lockdown also acts as a governor so the trans knows what the motor is doing.

I hope you forgot to mention that you have a manual valve body or that trans won't last long. The lockdown also acts as a governor so the trans knows what the motor is doing.

no problems yet....been doing it for years on many different vehicles without a problem.

Im not saying its the right or wrong way....just saying ive never had a problem doing it that way is all

GM it doesn't matter as they have a modulator valve but if you do it on a mopar they will not last because from what I understand they control fluid pressure to clamp the bands by where the lever is.

Hook up the throttle position linkage, it adjust line pressure when you drive with auto valve bodies.

From Tom Hand at All-Par:
The governor works with the throttle pressure circuit to control shift points

the valve body can be considered the "Brain" of the transmission. It takes the hydraulic signals from the governor, throttle pressure rod, and manual shift valve, and combines these with fluid pressure from the oil pump to correctly time and control all transmission functions

The springs and valves work together to correctly modulate the fluid pressure to time application of the appropriate bands and clutches.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/torqueflite-tom-hand.html?ktrack=kcplink

So throttle position linkage is the same as lockdown,right ?Read the article so I answered my own question. Great article

Thanks guys....learn something new every day I guess lol.

never said anyone was right or wrong...always open to suggestions.

come to think of it, I think most of them I did such a thing to were GM's and maybe a few fords but I can't think of a mopar I did this with.

good to know.

As far as adjusting the shifter/linkage. Put the shifter and trans in neutral and start there.

Easy way to remember the shift pattern on a TF is back is park, forward to go... All the way back, then two clicks forward and you should be in N.

May take some fine tuning. Easier to have someone in the car and move the shifter to each gear and disconnect cable at arm to see if it's got to move one direction or the other. A spin or two on the cable end and you should find a good final point.

thanks all it's a manual valve body rev pattern bought the shifter at a swap meet tuesday is my my day off so i'll play with it then thanks

-
Back