B&M vs Transgo opinion and budget $$$

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
Ok guys beside the transgo tf2 whats the best "simple" shift kit to install ( firm shifts ) , 2500 stall , 360 duster / 3.91s , some places said the trans tail housing needs to be removed and some says it doesnt , the new 727 is back in the car and i dont want to spend a fortune and pay extra hours to my trans guy , i would love a firm / hard shift but dont want to spend 3-4 extra hours of labor for a tf2...

I prefer the Superior kits, but there are several ways to get there. I liked Fairbanks stuff and Superior bought them out, so I naturally like their stuff. I've used the B&M kits before too and they work well. TransGo is good too.

I prefer the Superior kits, but there are several ways to get there. I liked Fairbanks stuff and Superior bought them out, so I naturally like their stuff. I've used the B&M kits before too and they work well. TransGo is good too.
Yes but theres the valvebody mods and all i just didnt want a shift kit that required some housing and driveshaft removal etc , i dont know what b&m or other brand can suit my street set up and keep my kickdown linkage , i dont want to go full manual valve body

Yes but theres the valvebody mods and all i just didnt want a shift kit that required some housing and driveshaft removal etc , i dont know what b&m or other brand can suit my street set up and keep my kickdown linkage , i dont want to go full manual valve body
I don't know any of them that you can wave the magic wand and get harder shifts. lol

If you never did any transmission work,B&M is very simple to install and works quite well.
It may be the lowest price too. Good instructions, easy to understand.I've used many over the years.

I like the Transgo kits. Some B & M kits omitted things like accumulator springs for really hard shifts. Sounds tough, but that can shock the trans components & break parts.
The T kits seem to have more thought...& more thoughtful....engineering in them.
I had the pleasure of speaking with the T founder, Gil Younger, before he passed. He complained that his company engineered the kits & others copied them....

-
Back