BAARRETT jACKSON

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
This was a great deal.I know he had to put more then $4400.00 into this car.I would say good for the buyer bad for the seller.I am wondering if my sar is worth more in parts.Sell all of my parts and then just buy what I want? I am thinking I could be on the road fasterHmmmmm I may just have to weigh this one out.I like building cars but is it worth it

81848_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Looks good...they have a '70 "panther pink" AAR and a '70 "shaker hood" 383 cuda' coming up later,i'm interested to see what they fetch....

Well, on this particular car, it looks to me to be wavy...that would definitely limit any serious buyers from going too high.

As far as building vs. buying, right now is a good time to look for deals,,,it's sad, but a lot of guys are just plain strapped and need cash.....breaks a lot of hearts, but someone else can find a good deal, so not all is lost.

I've always bought cars that were "runners" or drivers, with repairs needed and understood....no problem, IF they weren't gonna break the bank. They had to have a workable paint job (something that would not need to be totally repainted), and be a model that would take "add-ons" well such as spoilers, scoops and the like. In being very careful to choose the right car to start with (at a good price, all things considered), I have always made money on my cars.

BUT, I don't tear down my motors and install all the best and latest doo-dads that might gain me a little time in a quarter mile but bankrupt me....I'd rather have a great driver/cruiser that will pay ME back in the end, NOT suck all my profits (or should I say, I'd like to keep my own money....not give it to a speed shop for expensive and needless add-ons).

You can keep your thousand dollar heads and silver plated exhaust systems, and your ba-zillion dollar roller motors and the like......I like mild mods, within my price range, that will allow me to have real FUN with the ride and keep ME in the driver seat of my bank account.

End of sermon. :toothy10:

-
Back