Baby stroller

-

Magster65

Reaction score
One day I was pushing my son to the store and we went by a woman pushing her daughter... in the identical stroller. I apologized to the little man and told him I'd make it right. This is what happened... 1/2" erw tube, used a plumbers tubing bender, old folks walker front wheels, cart rears. The steering works; used 3/8" universals and some 5/16" heim joints and the front wheels can rock side to side so all 4 stay on the ground when you go over a bump. My pal Ernie stiched up a beautiful leather seat with some hot rod left overs. Under it is a polished aluminum bucket seat. Chromed all the bits. It got crazy attention at the car shows... little man walking around it wiping it down with cloth... god I miss those days!
That was 15 years ago... and now it's hangin up in the shop waiting for my kid's kid :)
Cheers

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

Last edited:
Did you leave enough room in the back for a 12 hp Briggs and stratton?

Man of love to have one for my 18month old lol, great job, that's awesome. My wife said we need one lol

Driving home one day and off to the side of the road we saw this wagon tub in someones garbage pile. No wheels or handle on it but since I'm a pack rat I stopped and grabbed it. I'd just finished putting up a fence and had some scraps... made a comfy seat for the little man then found some wheels off an old dolley in the scrap yard... some spacers for the lift kit... viola! Wagon number two!

Joey's rides 1.JPG

Speaking of wagons... it started with these. My sis had two boys before I had mine so I had some nephews to experiment with. lol
With some help from Al (paint man) and Martin (aero sheet metal guy) and Beau (upholstery guy) I put these together. Just a little 12v in there with an on/off and a forward/reverse switch. Wheelie bars are functional... you can drive around in a wheelie! lol So much fun! Both those tubs came from the scrap yard as well. What's that saying about 'one mans garbage is another mans treasure'?

radio caboose.jpg
radio engine.jpg
radio team 2.jpg
Jake wheelie 2.JPG

Last edited:
Showed my daughter ..told her my 2 yr. old granddaughter needs one ..she gave me that look that her mother patented :rolleyes:... anyway, I'll start on it as soon as I can.. thanks for idea

Showed my daughter ..told her my 2 yr. old granddaughter needs one ..she gave me that look that her mother patented :rolleyes:... anyway, I'll start on it as soon as I can.. thanks for idea

Wing nuts on the 'push' assembly cuz' it's too big for a vehicle unless you take it off.
stroller 6.jpg

Steering geometry was a little tricky to get right.
stroller 8.jpg
u joint.jpg

-
Back