Back at it in Texas

-

txbullets

Reaction score
Well I am back. I made a few post several years ago and life got in the way and other hobbies left my poor car sitting in the garage. I recently moved and while cleaning the garage out I debated heavily about selling my 72 swinger but have decided to make it the swinger I have dreamed of owning.

I currently have a 72 swinger with a 318. I have had it for 7+ years now and not done much with it. In that time I have acquired the following for it.
68' 340 motor with x heads
727 rebuilt trans with small stall
8 3/4 A body rear end with sure grip differential and 5x4 bp (I don't remember the style on the pumpkin but found it under an 80's model drag project Camaro)

So I have several of the main parts needed. Car is at the paint shop now. Gonna get it stripped and painted sassy grass with flat black 6 pack hood.

I know very little about rebuilding cars and I am in it for the adventure. If I wasn't I would just go buy one already done cheaper than what it will cost me to build this.

Other things I know I want to do:
TTI headers
LD340 intake
Disc breaks for front
Not sure what carb I will need. Haven't started looking at that yet.
Wheels are driving me crazy. (I can't find anything that jumps out at me)
Considered having it mini tubed

Plus I am sure I will be adding a lot as I build the motor. The car is fairly clean inside and out.

Here is a picture of her. Pulled her out the garage after 6 years of sitting, charged the battery and put some gas in the carb and she fired right up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 97
Welcome back, nice looking Swinger, looks pretty solid. Good luck with getting it back in shape.

Welcome back! I know she's loving seeing the light of day. You have a great start to get to your goal.....Very cool! :thumleft:

-
Back