Back half cost

-

Justin Smith

Reaction score
I am planning to have my 1968 Dart back halfed. Planning to have it done in 4130 Chromoly for a 7.50 cert. I am keeping car stock front end and planning on keeping stock floors as well. I'd like to run a 9" rear end, wish bone, anti roll bar, wheelie bars that don't extend passed the bumper. etc.I want to build it fairly close to the SS/AH cars but not exactly to the "T". I don't plan to acid dip the body to lighten it, or anything like that. I am just curious on cost numbers on what it could be. I am thinking it'll be around 20k or so to get the chassis work done. what do y'all think?

Justin

I am planning to have my 1968 Dart back halfed. Planning to have it done in 4130 Chromoly for a 7.50 cert. I am keeping car stock front end and planning on keeping stock floors as well. I'd like to run a 9" rear end, wish bone, anti roll bar, wheelie bars that don't extend passed the bumper. etc.I want to build it fairly close to the SS/AH cars but not exactly to the "T". I don't plan to acid dip the body to lighten it, or anything like that. I am just curious on cost numbers on what it could be. I am thinking it'll be around 20k or so to get the chassis work done. what do y'all think?

Justin

20k sounds like a good number !! Make sure ever who does it doesn’t put the small bars and joints on it !! Buy the good stuff !! I actually think it want cost the 20k. I think something less!! Not much tho !

20k sounds like a good number !! Make sure ever who does it doesn’t put the small bars and joints on it !! Buy the good stuff !! I actually think it want cost the 20k. I think something less!! Not much tho !

The shop I'm going to have build it is very reputable. I know also once back half is done, there will still need to be more modifications done to k member, mounting engine and transmission etc. Which I'm sure is going to drive price higher. I know SS/AH cars are super expensive in how they are built with a lot of the mods they do to gain every bit of ET they can get. I am not trying to go that extreme. I just want the back half to be as bullet proof as I can get, keeping stock front end.

-
Back