Back in the US and I got my SS/T already

-
Ok here are a few pics. Now for the story about the truck I have. The truck was bought new in MO in 98 and was wrecked in the front end around 00 and the front end was replaced with a 99-01 Sport front end. At that time the stripes were all removed.:violent1: The girl I bought it from has owned it since 01 and it was not taken care of at all. I will be cleaning forever to get this thing presentable again. I spent about 2 hours this morning cleaning under the hood and washing it for the first time in what looks like 5 years. It had a tarp strapped over it while they drove from MO to NC and it rubbed the paint pretty bad but with a little rubbing compound it will look pretty god from 10 foot. The wheels are gonna have to be stripped polished and recleared since they are absolutely ruined from brake dust and not being washed. Runs prety good but has a rough idle and I think it has never had a good tuneup so I bought new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Along with oil and filter pcv valve and a whole crap load of carpet cleaner and various other cleaners for the interior.

1. Window sticker.
2. How it sat when I picked it up.
3. Under hood filthy.
4. under hood filthy.
5. After a bath.

Attachments

• DSC00339.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00271.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00322.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC00329.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00342.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 193
72, amazing what a little elbo grease will do. Still got my 99 if ya need it. Last time i talked to ya you were in the zone. Glad your home. Nice truck.
Small Block

Ok I know this is worthless without pics but I am trying to post really quik. I got home yesterday around 12:30 p.m. and went and picked up the SS/T around 3 p.m. with the wifes blessing of course. Will post lots a pics in a bit after I go spend time with the family.

Glad to hear you are home!!
Can't wait to see the SS/T!
John

Nice tow vehicle,now need pictures of the race car and trailer...LOL..

Welcome home and thank you for all that you do. Nice job so far on the SST..

Wow!!! You are home :cheers: God bless you bud :color:
This was a great surprise for me to see this thread :color::color:
The SS/T sure cleaned up real nize =D>
I am so happy for you and your family :shaking2::happy2:
They must be so proud of you for what you have dun for all us folks.
I want to thank you for all the pictures of the reality you have been living and to see all of the stuff you did everyday to keep me and my family and friends save here and here on the hill :heart::angel3:
I can not imagine having a son gone doing what you have been doing and being gone so long [-o< Thank you from me and my family here on the hill for all you have dun :brave:
Now !! Looks like you busted out the elbow grease to get that cool old 98 SS/T looking so good dusted72
Do you have a list of any parts that you will be replacing or adding to it ?
If not, Make one here and or start a thread in Joeychgo's Truck sight ForTrucksOnly.
I and a few member have our trucks on that site and my 85 ramcharger build is there.
Enjoy your freedom sir, BBQ and mow the yard and for goodness sakes keep us updated please :cheers:

Welcome back dude................... reading this thread made me smile....... :thumblef:

welcome home! glad your safe and sound, and thankyou for defending our freedom! Next question....Is it an SS/T dodge pick-up? or javlin ? or ???

Welcome Back "Mista Coreaayy".... thanks for serving !!! :salut::salut::salut:

[ame="http://youtu.be/QVS3WNt7yRU"]302 Found[/ame]

Thank you guys for all the support. I have to be back in Iraq n 2 weeks but I an to enjoy every second I can with my 2 girls. That doesn't include the truck either but I will enjoy the truck as well. I started a resto thread and you can see a few more pics of it there. And no there will be no towing with this one and there also won't be a race car behind it, well actually there might be few since this is my new project. My plan is 13's and I don't see that being to far off.

-
Back