Back seat courtesy lamps: how do you change bulbs?

-

mvh

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1967 Barracuda convertible. The lamps are in the rear seat side trim panels near the floor. Do the lenses pop out? Or do you have to remove the whole side panel (which seems crazy)? I can see the back of the lamp by removing the ash tray, but the hole is too tiny to reach through.

2nd question: if you do have to remove the side panels, do you have to remove the seat bottom cushion first?

ALL good questions! I have no idea but am curious. My rear panels are buried in the rafters, so they arent readily accessible sorry.

IF the panels do have to come out, they will only come out once and mods will be made LOL

lamp bezels just pull out of side panels, they have bent spring tabs on back of them to hold them in panel, then unplug socket from bezels. no seat removal needed. Lon;:cheers:

lamp bezels just pull out of side panels, they have bent spring tabs on back of them to hold them in panel, then unplug socket from bezels. no seat removal needed. Lon;:cheers:

That's what I was hoping to hear. I just didn't want to break something.

Yep, they do pull out if you're lucky. They can be rather tight though. Use a small screwdriver and bring a bit of patience otherwise you'll have to remove the rear seat then the panels.

Yes, I did figure that out. I used a putty knife to get them started. Once they had been out once it was easier the next time.

-
Back