Back surgery-------

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
After two knee replacements last year and going through rehab for that, my lower back pain increased like a hemi tach at the strip. Turns out my L-5 vertebra was irritating the nerve bundle to my right leg. Yesterday I had corrective surgery that removed the offending bone spur and opened up the path for the nerve bundle. I'm going to be healing the incision but there is no rehab needed for my back. Relief is nearly instantaneous, getting better over a few days. I haven't been posting much because my Barracuda is finished and my new project car is a 1965 Comet Cyclone so not relevant here.
I'm looking forward to building the Comet in a much more pain free condition. I think I will be done with any productive employment and make the Comet project my new full time job.
I lurk here every day and just want to say hello to all and stay safe!
Rat out----------

Glad it went well, and you will be pain free now. I hope to make my project cars my full time job in about 2 years. I'm just working for health insurance right now, like a lot of people.

I'm finishing up a few details at my "retirement job" and I have been gathering parts for the Cyclone build since I brought it home. Only Comet enthusiast site is small and I joined and post a little bit there. But FABO is my website home.

Glad to hear you're pulling through ! I'm all too familiar with getting your ball joints changed out... I had double hip replacement in 2012. Good as new!
Enjoy life 2.0 :)

Post the Comet build here I would like to see it. Some of us grew up around the small bodies like our A bodies, the Novas, Mustangs, Comets, & Camaros. I've one a few non Mopar cars & enjoyed them almost as much as my Demon bracket car.

DesertRat I also agree with the below !!!
Demonracer said:
Post the Comet build here I would like to see it. Some of us grew up around the small bodies like our A bodies, the Novas, Mustangs, Comets, & Camaros.

Post the Comet build here I would like to see it. Some of us grew up around the small bodies like our A bodies, the Novas, Mustangs, Comets, & Camaros. I've one a few non Mopar cars & enjoyed them almost as much as my Demon bracket car.

DesertRat I also agree with the below !!!
Believe me I would like to. This site has almost 36,000 users and the comet site has almost 3,600 users. I have no doubt that many of you would enjoy following this build but I wouldn't feel right about posting much about it here. Here is a couple photos since I am in the general discussion forum------------
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00889.JPG

I will paint the exterior the same color as my Barracuda and the interior I am changing the hard surfaces to a medium gray and keeping the upholstery white with gray pleated inserts with gray carpet. I have every original part the car was build with as it has never been apart excepting some shoddy work in the engine bay. I'm having to keep a pretty detailed photo log of how its coming apart so I can get it back together correctly. This car hasn't had any love and my last two builds I was the second owner of the car so they were easy. I have all the pristine SS trim off the car and am ready to remove the doors and windows for renewal. I have been ordering parts for it for a couple months and every day I work on it I find more it needs and order that stuff. I can't afford to let this build drag out at my age:)

After two knee replacements last year and going through rehab for that, my lower back pain increased like a hemi tach at the strip. Turns out my L-5 vertebra was irritating the nerve bundle to my right leg. Yesterday I had corrective surgery that removed the offending bone spur and opened up the path for the nerve bundle. I'm going to be healing the incision but there is no rehab needed for my back. Relief is nearly instantaneous, getting better over a few days.

Glad to hear you are doing better.
My wife had the exact same surgery 9 weeks ago. She is doing great.
Pain went from 10 to gone within a few days.

Like others have said....I don't see what it would hurt to post a thread about the Comet here somewhere. There's lots of people here who have diverse interests in cars. I can't wait till I get time to start on our 77 Trans Am SE! @RPMagoo has a nice Falcon for sale here, and since you're a Merc lover..... @cudamike13 has a great Marauder he showed me at his place when I was there. He even mentioned he might sell it!

Ive had one knee replaced now the other is junk. New shoulder in 2010 now that one has a torn rotator and the other one is junk.

I'm going to back rehab tomorrow...got 5 herniated discs, stenosis, degenerative disc disease. Hoping to get my back in shape...I can live with the other issues but my back drops me in my tracks when it acts up.

my Doc wonders how I get out of bed every morning... I still drive four days per week 14 hours per day.

-
Back