Back to Classics-Ed"Big Daddy"Roth

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
Well Guy's . Car's and Art!First time i had contact with "Big Daddy" work was 1985,and it was a (Revell) Mr.Gasser(I loved).Miss'it don't 'ya!

ratfink_inside4.jpg

Dodge-Big Daddy2.jpg

Bad News-Big Daddy-2.jpg

ratfink_inside3-2.jpg

ratfink_inside4-2.jpg

ratfink-sidewalk surfer-2.jpg

i think he must have done some of the art work from the stickers sold here in the states called "odd rods" they look very fimiliar to me.

Yes ,He made drawings for stickers,t-shirts 60's and 70's.The Revell made some models from his drawings,He made some of the most classic hot rods&Kustom Kulture art work ever!!The Creator of Rat Fink and Other's!!!!

Rat Fink-cover2.jpg

I could smell bubble gum when I looked at them!! :lol:

They used to sell them like base ball cards with gum in them back in the late sixties.

I remember seeing RatFink t shirts at a car show I went to with my brother in the late 60's, what an impression it left on me. Dudes, drooling with hairy arms sticking out the windows, heads through the roof and shifting long grotesque shifters. Besides my brother owned a 57 Desoto 354 hemi car at the time.

Here is a poster I bought a while back that is a limited edition by Coop who does similar work to Big Daddy!

97-05%20stonetemplepilots.jpg

You guys need to check out the movie "Tales of the Rat Fink" I got it at the Portland, OR swapmeet. It is a animated documentary thats narrated by John Goodman.

My wife got me that video a while back after she saw an old picture of me in a Rat Fink tee shirt. Roth was also a custom car designer and builder in the late 50s and 60s. I used to love the Revel models that promoted his cars. The Beatnic Bandit was my favorite.
Bob

73roadrunner said:
Here is a poster I bought a while back that is a limited edition by Coop who does similar work to Big Daddy!

Coop and he's devil's are Cool 2!I've got a T-shirt of him.

-
Back