Back to Mopars

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

After a brief foray in the new car market, i have returned to the classic car world. A am a previous owner of some C and B bodies that got corrupted by newer sheet metal, but have seen the error of my ways and have returned.

I am a proud new owner of a 1971 Plymouth Scamp, that some one took really good care of.

I bought it for $3000, fresh rebuild on the 225, previous owner said less than 1000 miles.

He has a ton of new parts in the trunk, window cranks, trim, new tail lights, etc.

New weather stripping on the car, looks like it has a new gas tank in it.

It does look like some one lowered it though, they guy i got it from said he didnt do it, and he asked the previous owner and they say they didnt do it either.

Some paint peeling on the fender and typical rust behind the rear wheels.

Fender tag says it was a vinyl roof, not anymore i guess, original color is Sno White, but there is Gold in the engine compartment. Strange.

Nice little car though.

Welcome rp
Sounds as a nice find, please post some pics when you got the time.

Welcome to the group. Another Scamp owner ! I just got my 71 a few months ago. Y9 Tawney Gold, Ember gold interior, white top.

Hi Swedefish, great name, i am swedish too, the pictures should be posted on my garage

I was just looking at the garage section of the site and ran across your car. Nice score.
Was this the same one that I saw on craigslist a while ago?

Thanks 360,

yeah it was on craigslist a few weeks ago, listed for $4500, down to $3000.

I was going to check it out and pass on it, thinking it was over priced, but the guy has really taken care of it and it has so many extra new parts, almost all the chrome and interior stuff, and it doesnt really need it.

Plus a rebulit 225 with 1000 miles on it, needs a valve adjustment still, car is completely clean, except for a bit of peeling paint on the hood i gotta take care of.

If anyone is interested in a Chevy, he has a 57 3200 Deluxe project truck(crate 350, Turbo 400 with a OD unit, with a 10 bolt rear end and other stuff) probably not the right place to advertise here. But i do have pictures if anyone is interested.

Hey 360, I live in Kirkland if you wannt get together sometime.

-
Back