backspacing on 68 barracuda

-

freshayr

Reaction score
I would like to run 15x10 wheels on the rear. they have 4 1/8 backspacing. will these fit without relocating the springs?

4-1/8" or 4-7/8? actually either one will fit but they will bolth hang out past the quarter panel to far in my opinion.

Are you going to mini tub the car ?

Oops just saw you DONT want to move the springs.

I stay with 4.25 to 4.5" of backspacing on a 8" rim. You should be able to get a 275-60 in it.

I'm running 15x10 on my cuda with 12.50 x26-15 tires and they are about even with the curve of the quarter panel with tons of room on the inside

I was thinking somthing around 225 60r15...maybe 215..maybe 235...i wanted to stay with a 60 profile

the car currently has g60-14 on 14x10 crager SS rims. (on rear) This car has been off the road since 1991 so the tires are shot and the cragers are pitted severly. I just love the stance of the car now....that is one of the things that sold me on it. I just love the huge dish on the rear wheels that hangs out past the fender.

very similar to outlaw's picture above only they are 14" wheels.

A G60-14 is about the same size as a 245-60-14. Just measure the backspacing on the cragars and you'll know what fits. I just think a 8" wide tire on a 7" rim looks funny.

how come i am not getting email notification to this thread? I show I am subscribed.

Oops that should be an 8" wide tire on a 10" wide rim looks funny.

Do you have a junk mail or spam folder ? Your emails may be going in there.

now your last two posts I just got notification on but still nothing on all the priors.

the book "performance handling for classic mopars" by Tom Condran. (which somebody on one of these sites recommnded) says that you should stick with a tire around 25" in diameter. anybody care to defend or argue that point?

AdamR said:
Oops that should be an 8" wide tire on a 10" wide rim looks funny.

when you put it that way.....it sounds like it would look funny.

A taller tire with a tall side wall wont handle as well as a lower profile tire. the big sidewall flexes.

freshayr said:
the book "performance handling for classic mopars" by Tom Condran. (which somebody on one of these sites recommnded) says that you should stick with a tire around 25" in diameter. anybody care to defend or argue that point?

Haven't read the book , but, with the new huge (17-20 inch) rims, that 25 inch rule doesn't matter any more. I would like to keep mine around 28 inches tall with a 15 inch rim. If I was building a road race handling car, I think I would go with a 17 or 18 inch rim and a low profile tire around 10 inches wide. jmo

-
Back