Bacon prices going way up

-
who can afford to eat out!!!???? LOL
the answer here is simple. we all need to find FABO member in Tx wild hpg area. they claim they are huge problem. all go down for wold hog hunt, fill our freezers! tell the wife new type of hog with slightly different flavor!!????? just a thought.
or find out what a crooked politician tastes like grilled out!???? fattened him first on ethanol byproducts!?????

There is a virus, and from what I have heard, it is from China. No idea as to how it got here. As usual, the news media is making it sound way worse than what it actually is. News is reporting a 10% death rate, but my sources, tell me it is really closer to 3%. I am told, it has mainly affected the smaller packers, and their likely will be a correction in the market. (Wholesale pork prices have skyrocketed) We should see a little relief soon, but then it is expected that it will affect Smithfield, the largest pork producer, who in effect, controls the pork market, and then it will really get bad. Guess who owns Smithfield. The Chinese!! My suggestion---if you see some decent prices on pork, stock up, fill your freezer, and then when the prices go crazy, don't buy it. I'm still selling some bacon in the $3 lb range, but replacement cost will go up at least $1 lb. I am in the business.

Here in Canada the prices are not even close to where they will end up at, I am at $6/lb for #1 bacon. All producers will be downsizing from 500g to 375gr very soon and the 500gr will be gone for ever. We sell lots of Smithfield up here and they were the first ones to move to the 375g size. Maple leaf has made the move also. 500gr is just over a pound. My maple leaf rep was in this week and told me that the high end supermarkets will be selling the 375gr aka 3/4 of a pound at about 6.99/pkg. we have the 375g on sale this week at $2.88 and can hardly keep it in the bunker, flying off the shelves, so stock up when it goes on sale.
I prefer peameal bacon anyway,loll

who can afford to eat out!!!???? LOL
the answer here is simple. we all need to find FABO member in Tx wild hpg area. they claim they are huge problem. all go down for wold hog hunt, fill our freezers! tell the wife new type of hog with slightly different flavor!!????? just a thought.
or find out what a crooked politician tastes like grilled out!???? fattened him first on ethanol byproducts!?????
Been there, done that...They don't have as much fat as you think, they're actually kinda lean and you'll have trouble finding enough belly to cure into bacon.....OH, Sorry....you we're talking about the pigs....

-
Back