Bad morning.

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Michelle woke me up this morning to tell me our 3 year old female Basset hound ran away over night.

The front door was wide open bolth dogs got out. Are male basset came back in and was sleeping on the couch. Its pouring outside and I dont see her anywere.

It looks like they were bolth in and out a few time. the carpet in the front room is covered with mud. We just started letting the dogs sleep in the living room at night. They were crate trained and have always slept in there crate but they were just getting to big for them.

I hope she comes back. She's a great dog and my son loves them.

IM000137.sized.jpg

Adam; Sorry to hear about your dog dilema. I know our dog is as much a family member as any dog could be. Ours was also crate trained but sleeps with my oldest or us when the oldest isn't home. She (my puppy, all of 2 1/2) has never tried to run off and I know my daughters would freak if she did. Good luck finding your dog and please keep us posted.....Don....

Thanks Don, Were hoping for the best but unfortunately Basset Hounds catch a wif of something and start running. I just hope she found a nice dry place to hide. Its still raining pretty hard.

Adam; I just called my wife and kids and told them what happened and they ( the kids) both went and hugged our pup and want me to let you know our thoughts and prayers are with you folks. Again, PLEASE keep us posted.....Good Luck....Don.....

Like you said Adam they have a good sense of smell. As long as nobody

picked her up she'll find her way home. Good luck!!!

We'll we found her and she's safe. She was 3 blocks down. They found her crying in there yard at 8am.

Now my phone is down so I had to drive 30 minutes away to find out she was 1 minute down the road.

I called the vet to see if anyone had called and they gave me the phone number. I called but there was no answer. I put my son who's not feeling well back in the car, drove back another 30 minutes to find out I was an hour late. they didnt know what to do so they called animal control who took her to the shelter. Now I need to get her shots updated and licence before I can bring her home.

Im so pissed off, but atleast she's ok.

Adam; Well glad to hear it and and all things aside having her back, I personally would consider the other matter a small price to pay. Congrats.....Don....

I am glad you found her. I know I would be a nervous wreck knowing that one of mine was gone and not knowing where he was. The only thing worse would be if one of the twins had roamed off and I couldn't find him.

image009.jpg

Time to tell the landlord to fix the door. Soon Jacob will be sleeping in a bed and I really dont want him getting out.

-
Back