Bad Week - Stall problems

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Fixing by replacement, Playing chase and getting "very" fustrated :sad2:

Signet still stubbling/stalling. I have rebuilt the carb and set it up. New filter, swapped out sending unit sock, checked all fuel lines AND "alls clear". When engine is running I opened the site screws and confirmed fuel was just starting to come out :thumblef: Filter still looks still a little low to me 1/4 full when engine's running but I guess that's the way it is. Anyways, now I'm looking at electrical......

When warmed up, and in P or N my idle is 900 RPM and my voltage charge is 14.1 and Alt guage reads slight charge.

When put into D, 2 or 1 my idle drops to 650 and my voltage is 12.4.
Now for some reason...and can't be just the backup lights...When in "R" my idle now drops down between 500-600 RPM and the voltage is only about 11.5. The Alt guage reads a slight discharge. There is also "alot" of stubbling while in reverse and she will stall if I leave it sitting in "R". The stumble is like she's out of time (but only in reverse). I'm sure my Alt is in good shape (not that old) and charge seens fine in P or N. Any idea's to help a old fustrated dude. (Ever have that sick feeling?)
By the way..also today I'm going to drop the trans pan and adjust the bands if that could be a problem?

69signetv8 said:
Fixing by replacement, Playing chase and getting "very" fustrated :sad2:

Signet still stubbling/stalling. I have rebuilt the carb and set it up. New filter, swapped out sending unit sock, checked all fuel lines AND "alls clear". When engine is running I opened the site screws and confirmed fuel was just starting to come out :thumblef: Filter still looks still a little low to me 1/4 full when engine's running but I guess that's the way it is. Anyways, now I'm looking at electrical......

When warmed up, and in P or N my idle is 900 RPM and my voltage charge is 14.1 and Alt guage reads slight charge.

When put into D, 2 or 1 my idle drops to 650 and my voltage is 12.4.
Now for some reason...and can't be just the backup lights...When in "R" my idle now drops down between 500-600 RPM and the voltage is only about 11.5. The Alt guage reads a slight discharge. There is also "alot" of stubbling while in reverse and she will stall if I leave it sitting in "R". The stumble is like she's out of time (but only in reverse). I'm sure my Alt is in good shape (not that old) and charge seens fine in P or N. Any idea's to help a old fustrated dude. (Ever have that sick feeling?)
By the way..also today I'm going to drop the trans pan and adjust the bands if that could be a problem?

Update. My driveway has a slight incline (hill) . I put the car in drive and slowly moved up the hill. I kept the the car "still" while holding it at about 1000 RPM. She started to buck then kept stalling (stubbling). I tried this a few times. Now the car won't even start. She tries to but won't bit. The coil is quite hot to the touch (Any ideas). I again checked the Holley sight glass and the gas level is up.

-
Back