Badguy Alert Moparcrazy

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
look, you guys that are offering to fix it, thats great but that intake is garbage. Aluminum does not corrode just here and there...it corrodes everywhere. What you are seeing is the obvious. What may not be so obvious is that the inside of the water jackets will be just as bad.

Trust me, I've been an aircraft sctructures mech since 1986. Guess what our most common metal is?

look, you guys that are offering to fix it, thats great but that intake is garbage. Aluminum does not corrode just here and there...it corrodes everywhere. What you are seeing is the obvious. What may not be so obvious is that the inside of the water jackets will be just as bad.

Trust me, I've been an aircraft sctructures mech since 1986. Guess what our most common metal is?

I'd have to go on your side with this, true the most obvious is were it made contact with the exterior elements.
But this is even more spread in cast, due to it prone to porosity.
I've also noticed that Edelbrock is a very soft casting.

The leak test is very simple with this particular water jacket though, not much pressure flows through it.

I'm just trying to be the silver lining, it doesn't look good.
At least try to get the sealing faces welded, you have a few open avenues for that.

the intake is junk the insides of the water jacket and inside of the thermostat section is all ate away its not worth fixing or using......superdart340

Moparcrazy has not signed on since last night so let's see if he is more agreeable to a refund (or some other way to correct this) after he has had a chance to see this thread.

Moparcrazy has not signed on since last night so let's see if he is more agreeable to a refund (or some other way to correct this) after he has had a chance to see this thread.
You know that really sucks I have one Im not using or going to use send me your email and I will send pics If you want it its yours send your address I will ship on Monday

i'm sorry you got burned but i was asking about it and he said it was ready that's bad business right there if something is wrong with something tell everybody up front

I keep coming back to this thread to see if he man's up on this :read2:

You know that really sucks I have one Im not using or going to use send me your email and I will send pics If you want it its yours send your address I will ship on Monday

thats really cool man!

Boy, that's definitely the front of the intake and from that pic....it's just beggin' to leak. That intake looked pretty damn nice in the "for sale" pics......so yeah.....seems to be some deception going on there.....it should've been disclosed about the corrosion. That's definitely a deal-breaker there to a potential buyer 'cuz......chances are.....IT'S GONNA LEAK!!!!!

Yeah, and even if it somehow managed to hold the water initially, how long until it pops.

How does PayPal work on that, guarantee-wise?

Yeah, and even if it somehow managed to hold the water initially, how long until it pops.

How does PayPal work on that, guarantee-wise?

So true, when it comes to corrosion of aluminum water jackets it's what you don't see that should scare ya.:angry7:

Almost forgot, Moparcrazy you suck, "ready to use" for a boat anchor maybe.:bootysha:

Dgtwo: you're welcome here anytime.:cheers:

I just checked on paypal.
you have to file your dispute now! You only have 45 calander days from payment.
you then have 20 days to resolve it between the two of ya and you must escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim before the 20 days is up.
By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

money was sent as personal so he would get the full amount no protection on those transactions fyi everyone don't send money as a gift you are not protected lesson learned the hard way.....superdart340

Man that sure sucks. Looks like a crook to me. I know a lot of times it's just a "he said, she said" deal that can't be proved but this deal is perfectly clear it's a ripoff since his description said it was in great shape and ready to be installed. I think somebody that does something like this that's perfectly obvious should be banned from the board.

Man that sure sucks. Looks like a crook to me. I know a lot of times it's just a "he said, she said" deal that can't be proved but this deal is perfectly clear it's a ripoff since his description said it was in great shape and ready to be installed. I think somebody that does something like this that's perfectly obvious should be banned from the board.

How about if we beat him with a board!:snakeman::thefinge:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back