Badly need help (roll cage)

-

BillyBBad

Reaction score
Can anyone show me some pictures of how you put in a roll cage in a 68 FB Barracuda?
My concern is the roof line and the rear down bars going to the back trunk or hatch area. Would like to see how you did yours so I can get some ideas.
I have a 10 point cage but may only put in 8.
Any advice/pics or diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I seen a pretty cool idea a while back in Mopar Action. A guy put a cage in a duster and ran the rear-down bars through the speaker holes in the package tray. He was able to keep the tube running toward back along the roof til' the glass then turn it down and go through the holes.
Just an idea.

Hey I seen a pretty cool idea a while back in Mopar Action. A guy put a cage in a duster and ran the rear-down bars through the speaker holes in the package tray. He was able to keep the tube running toward back along the roof til' the glass then turn it down and go through the holes.
Just an idea.

Thing is I don't have a speaker tray, Its a Fastback.
I'm looking to see if the bars go down into the hatch area or if the extend into the trunk. And if they do go into the trunk how you go through the divider and still keep it.

Sorry to be a pain but I have never had a car with a roll cage before.

Sorry about that I read through it too fast. You can always sandwich the divider with a flange on each side of it. Then if you eventually want to remove the cage again you would only have a few holes that you bolted through. This isnt an un-common practice as its done on Jeeps pretty often. Jsut be sure to make the flanges the same size on each side of the sheet metal. Just an idea that I hope will have some relavance this time LOL:cheers:

-
Back