Status
Not open for further replies.

SDHomesteade

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hiya,

My wife's daily driver is a 1976 Dodge Dart Sport, We just got it running and discovered that the Passenger side wiper Pivot is totally wasted and locked up. It won't pivot. I can't find any online at a Decent Disabled Veteran's affordability price range and was wondering if anyone had one at a semi affordable price or if there was another dodge or plymouth vehicle that used the same part. I'm soaking the thing in penetrating oil right now but want to replace it if I can. Anyone got anything out there or an alternative part number or something. I have 3 other dodges out here but they are 89's and Trucks, not sure if they use the same wiper pivots or not though I do know that alot of Mopar's recycled parts from one make to another.

thank you in advance.

Drop the pivot in a bucket of solvent or Evaporust. I had one locked up as well. The Evaporust nuked the rust. I then bought the rebuild kit with the grease fittings. Once the grease fittings are installed I over pumped them with grease and that pushed the crap inside them out. Now they spin with ease.

Riddler

Well, Trying to Lube it out and Broke the damn thing, so yeah, a new one is NEED here. At least now I know why the Linkage arms under the dash kept popping off when I turned them on.

I'm pretty sure I have an extra pivot that you can have. Let me double check and if I do I'll get your address to send it. Thanks for your service.

If warlock don't have one mate I do! I'll send it to you for free as well! I appreciate your service!
thanks mate and have a blessed day

I do have the pivot and it's out of a 76 Dart we bought as a parts car. It moves real free but could use a little cleaning. PM me your address and I will send it to you.

Try taking the old one out and heat it up with a propane torch, then break it free and keep rotating and lubing it with penetrating oil until it gets nice and free. I've done that before to keep them going...

Then get the new wiper pivot seal kit with the grease fittings and grease them good...

Try taking the old one out and heat it up with a propane torch, then break it free and keep rotating and lubing it with penetrating oil until it gets nice and free. I've done that before to keep them going...

Then get the new wiper pivot seal kit with the grease fittings and grease them good...

Won't do no good, broke the Pivot trying to get it free. That's why I need a new/used one.

The pivot is on the way and you should have it by Thursday according to the USPS. Please DO NOT send anything for it, I forgot that I had it until I read your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back