Balancer Info for 440 Truck Motor

-

bakertodd

Reaction score
Thanks to Geof, Paul, and Demon Seed for the info. The balancer appears to be the large version and has "use with 440 cast" inscibed on it. It`s not tapered but looks (to me) to be too thick to be the thin steel crank version. After digging up more info on this motor I`m certain that there are aftermarket parts in it, particularly a "kit" purchased from Performance Automotive Warehouse in Chatsworth CA in 2008 - pistons, cam, main bearing, rings, connecting rod bearings. I`ll keep looking.....Thanks again!

As said before, there ain't nuthin' wrong with a cast crank, and can take well over 600HP without concern. The kit sounds promising in that it may mean that at least some of the internals are new, but without opening up the motor and checking compression ratio,cam dimensions and the head configuration, you should still be satisfied with the performance in an A-body Duster. Could it be built to run hard?? Of course, but maybe as a winter project to really measure up what you have and determine where improvement is needed!! Good luck with your project, Geof

-
Back