Balancer with pulley, 408 internal balance

-

chaditotx

Reaction score
Searched but no luck. Internally balanced 408 Magnum. Want to keep serpentine assembly from the 2002 truck but I'm not sure which balancer and pulley to get? I've found the balancers, but not the serpentine pulleys. I'd use the pulley off the non balanced one I have (5.9 Magnum), but it's integral to the casting of the balancer. It doesn't come off.

I'm just guessing here, but since you've now internal balanced the 5.9, couldn't you now run a balancer/pulley combo from a later 5.2? The 5.2 is internally balanced, so would have a neutral balanced harmonic balancer. I believe magnums went to the balancer/pulley combo starting in '99. So maybe ask for a balancer for something like a '99 Ram with the 5.2.

This if course is me assuming that the 5.2 balancer will actually fit on the 5.9 crank. I figured it would, but don't hold me to it! Haha

I have a 5.2 balancer and pulley if it turns out you need one. Came off a motor I bought that turned out to be junk so I'm just parting it out trying to cut my losses.

IMG_20170218_225521.jpg

I'm just guessing here, but since you've now internal balanced the 5.9, couldn't you now run a balancer/pulley combo from a later 5.2? The 5.2 is internally balanced, so would have a neutral balanced harmonic balancer. I believe magnums went to the balancer/pulley combo starting in '99. So maybe ask for a balancer for something like a '99 Ram with the 5.2.

This if course is me assuming that the 5.2 balancer will actually fit on the 5.9 crank. I figured it would, but don't hold me to it! Haha
I will check. I can have the parts store pull both for me to compare how far out the pulley is. It may work!

The bolt on serp and the onepiece are interchangeable, just get a bolt on serp from the boneyardand a pp/whatever brand. balancer.

-
Back