balancing weights hiting ball joint

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
69 Dart all new front end parts still needs alinement.So i put my new rims on looks great but the balancing weight barely hits my uper ball joint.Sounds like I should go for the stick on weights or should I grind a little off the ball joint.I filed a little off the weights and clears now.Also has negitve camber right now no motor in it yet .Anyone run into this befor.Thanks for the help.

New problim still no weight in the car meaning no motor,so there is very little tension on the t bars so i lowered it to the ground the upper a arm moved up like it should but now my upper edge of my a arm is hitting the balancing weight.My off set on thease rims is 4 inches thats the only issue i am having now.i had a friend once who ground a bit off his a arm to clear his rim is this a good idea.

My Cragars on my 69 Dart did the same thing from the day I put them on 39 years ago. 3 and 1/2 BS. So I had to by a set of wheel spacers from the speed shop that I bought my wheels from to move the wheel out a bit so that the inside weight would clear the oputer lip of the ball joint. I rememeber a note that came with the wheels at the time saying that in some cases wheel spacers may be needed to clear the upper lip of the ball joint. The lip cleared fine but the wheel weight was right at the location where the outer edge of the ball joint came close to the wheel edge and it would scrape the weight just a little bit.

So I've run the spacers ever since and been okay. Even after I redid the car and installed all new bushings/joints it still came to close for comfort for my liking so the spacers are still being used.

I also just talk to the supplier that I got the rims from they are going to send the spacers that 416strocker said to use sounds good,and i will likly use the stick on weights to maybe.This site rocksssssss.

-
Back