ball and cup pushrods size for a 360

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
whats the length of a standard LA small block ball and cup pushrod. yes its for a after market roller rockers. and is there any difference in the pushrod length if you have the 1.6 ratio over the 1.5 stock, planning on eddy's w/mopar performance 1.6 roller rockers. another question is the eddy's size of pushrod going to be the same size as say the j head.

The T/A 340 hydraulic pushrods were 7.25" I can't remember what the length was on the solid lifter 273 pushrods.

Chuck

Solid lifter pushrods are normally 1.500" while the hydraulics are around 7.25" or a little less. Ratio has no affect on required length. Some companies sell pushrods in the 7.31" range. But their use will depend on block decking and head milling. Normally they will be a bit too short or too long for optimum geometry.

The one to two threads showing underneath the rocker adjuster is a good rule of thumb. As you start threading them down and showing more threads, you actually start loosing a little actual lift.

I've never used roller lifters so I don't know if some or all brands use the same basic lengths.

i found 5 different size ball and cup pushrods, 7.411 said it was universal

i now have sum 1.5 roller rockers, now need to order my pushrods. witch ones should i go with.

Make or purchase a pushrod measuring tool, mock up your engine, measure the required length and order from the manufacturer of your choice. Be sure to let them know what spring pressures you're running too.

I need to ride this post as I am doing the same seach for my ride. I have the 340 and a set of 1.5 rollers that I am installing. I was under the impression that you just have to measure it with the special pushrod tool. I don't think a standard size is the safest way to go. It sounds like the simplest, but has that always proven to be the best? I don't like to extra work but I think investing in the tool is the way I will go.

Make or purchase a pushrod measuring tool, mock up your engine, measure the required length and order from the manufacturer of your choice. Be sure to let them know what spring pressures you're running too.
This is correct as no engine is the same once modified. m/p sells a checking pushrod and make sure your valve tip to rocker tip is right also. some shafts have to be shimmed at the pedestals to be right. my rb required .050 shimming under the shafts with indy ez heads.

I just measured mine for a set of roller rockers and got a push rod lenth of 7.31" with a preload of .30" on the lifters.

-
Back