Ball Joint Wrench

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Where is a place that has reasonable prices for ball joint wrench (sockets) and what sizes do I need for the uca and lca for a 65 Barracuda?

I bought a big harbor freight wrench and ground it on a grinder till it fit. Seems I started with an inch and three quarter and had to open it up to1 and 13 /16. cost me about 8 bucks

I bought a big harbor freight wrench and ground it on a grinder till it fit. Seems I started with an inch and three quarter and had to open it up to1 and 13 /16. cost me about 8 bucks

Or you could get a cheap big socket for 3/4 drive and cut/weld strips to fit the upper bj socket. There are pics of a members conversion in the home made tool thread

I couldn't find a socket around here, so I rednecked it when I did mine. I used a pipe wrench to get the old ones out. That took a lot of patience. When it came time to install the new ones, I took it to the local Dodge dealership and the mechanic there tightened them down for free.

Jack

lca's easy, just remove the brakes and drop the tie rod. the upper, well a pipe wrench works, but it's a pain in the arse. spray those things for a few days with penatrating oil and make sure you don't cross thread the new ones going in. and if your that far in, do the upper control arm bushings too

good luck

I got mine off the Snap On truck about 30 years ago.

I need one that fell off the back of a snap on truck,lol...

-
Back