Ball Stud Hemi

-

Camera Fox

Reaction score
Took a little road trip last week to the National Auto and Truck Museum in Auburn Indiana. They have a good selection of Mopar muscle cars but the car I came to see was the 1969 Barracuda Notchback. The car is a former Sox and Martin car and under the hood is the last remaining Ball Stud Hemi prototype engine in existence. The car is signed by Ronnie Sox, Dick Landry and Tom Hoover. A Museum employee noticed my interest and asked if I would like to step inside the rope for a closer look and then opened the door and asked if I would like to sit in it....... what you see in the pictures is my happy face

IMG_1822.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

Took a little road trip last week to the National Auto and Truck Museum in Auburn Indiana. They have a good selection of Mopar muscle cars but the car I came to see was the 1969 Barracuda Notchback. The car is a former Sox and Martin car and under the hood is the last remaining Ball Stud Hemi prototype engine in existence. The car is signed by Ronnie Sox, Dick Landry and Tom Hoover. A Museum employee noticed my interest and asked if I would like to step inside the rope for a closer look and then opened the door and asked if I would like to sit in it....... what you see in the pictures is my happy face

View attachment 1715874979

View attachment 1715874980

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

Not sure about the Sox and Martin connection, but I am pretty sure that was Tom Hoover's personal car. I believe it started life as a big block car, and then had a W2 small block and later the ball stud hemi.

Not sure about the Sox and Martin connection, but I am pretty sure that was Tom Hoover's personal car. I believe it started life as a big block car, and then had a W2 small block and later the ball stud hemi.
It was Tom's car. Kinda cool what they were trying to do with that. If I remember right, that car runs and drives.

lots of videos of this car on YouTube, this one shows it running at a car show, sounds really nice.

And that, my friends, is the look of one satisfied customer right there. I think you can check this off your to do list, although maybe a drive in it, just to keep the fluids fresh? Maybe?

That car was an original M code (440) car.

If I remember right? Landy's shop had the last DOHC Hemi prototype? It looked as Chrysler had some bigger plans with the hemi platform. But scraped of course. I remember Chevy boy's saying. "Look? Mopar made a BB Chevy?" with the ball stud design.

Too bad. Would have been fun to see where it went?

-
Back