Banjo Washers?

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
Hello
I just purchased some braided steel brake lines
I hope the picture is clear enough to see the brake line
My question is do I put a washer on both sides of the line.
One washer under the banjo bolt, and one bolt between the line and the caliper?
thank you
George Gerhard

SANY1310.jpg

I don't think so...the way I did mine with the factory lines was just put the banjo fitting on the caliper, then the brass washer, then the bolt...no leaks...

OOPS disregard....I used TWO washers! Sorry...So, you had it right. caliper, washer, banjo fitting, washer, banjo bolt...that's how I did mine..lol...yea, I'm a dummy. sorry for the confusion...

Digging up an old thread so I don't have to start a new one.

I just replaced my calipers and I only have the washer under the head of the bolt itself. I put fluid in my cylinder and the drivers side started leaking like crazy but the passenger side hasn't. So to be clear, I need washers between the banjo block and the caliper as well? I guess mine stuck to the old calipers and I didn't notice when I turned them in for core. Can I just get the washers separately?

Yes, bolt,washer,bolt thru the block-washer. You can get them at any auto parts store and the size you need is for a 7/16 banjo bolt.

Thanks to both of you. I was going to run down tonight and check, but our town is having it's parade and downtown is shut down.

I've read that MOST of the copper replacement washers are too thin. The stockers were almost DOUBLE the thickness of the washers included with rebuilt calipers.

I got some at NAPA today. They are smaller in outside diameter but the inside hole is the right size, and they are thicker "by a little" than the ones that came off it. I'll be heading out to try them in a little bit.

-
Back