Barn find real 1971 h code duster

-
Will be posting a lot more pics soon! Just still trying to figure out the site But keep watching there will be more

there you go - isn't that the same pic you had as your avatar at first? more pics! (no pressure) more pics! (no pressure) more pics! :twisted:

There it is how it sits at the moment! The first pick was taken a year ago this was a picture I took after it was pulled from the barn!

Here's another one of the front A couple more onthe way

Not sure why pic is side ways but is has the original shark tooth grille!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 493
Sorry for the not so great pictures. Will be uploading many more when I start Workin on this thing
Better pics to come

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 349
To bad the air cleaner is gone. Great find. Enjoy!

Here's another one of the front A couple more onthe way

Not sure why pic is side ways but is has the original shark tooth grille!

Because you are using your phone!! If you use your phone, just edit your pic by rotating it 3/4 of one revolution and save it, then edit it and rotate it the last 1/4 turn and save it again, then it will always show up straight!!!

Click "QR" and go to advanced, scroll down and look for upload photos, takes a moment, when all done uploading, hit close and send the post.

Welcome to FABO! I love that exterior color!!

I just moved to Georgia from Virginia Beach. If you're not already a member of the Tidewater Mopar Club, you should join. They are VERY active and a GREAT bunch of Mopar peeps!

Please don't tell me you found that car Va Beach!!!!!!

damn man - to ME that is a HOLY GRAIL car! what was that limegreen70 said... oh yea, you suck!!! LOL - of course we're kidding - you lucky suck... :twisted:

My screen name is a clone......you've got the real deal there, can't wait to see it! Welcome to FABO and Merry Christmas!

Welcome to FABO! I love that exterior color!!

I just moved to Georgia from Virginia Beach. If you're not already a member of the Tidewater Mopar Club, you should join. They are VERY active and a GREAT bunch of Mopar peeps!

Please don't tell me you found that car Va Beach!!!!!!

I did find it in Virginia beach! Couldn't beleive my eyes but I ran all the vins it legit. But I will definitely be joint the mopar club. Thanks for the heads up

To bad the air cleaner is gone. Great find. Enjoy!

Thought the same! Also the engine looks blue on the pic?!? Shouldn't it supposed to be orange in '71?

But nevertheless a real bad a$$ car! Love the awesome color and don't forget, '71 is the best duster 340 year. :glasses7: Congrats!!!

Rally guages? Nice. I am digging the 80's aftermarket radio. That is great. Put a mask on and get to work skinning and sanitizing at your friends house. Then once it is all clean smelling, bring it home. Lol

Love that color. Blue engine could be correct if its a later build date car. Start a resto thread on it!

I understand - didn't know that. Thanks! Does that mean, that a late '71 Duster 340 could have a "'72 340" or is it just the paint? Infact in Switzerland was it the opposite, they used in '72 parts from the '71 340. - Sorry for OT!

Thought the same! Also the engine looks blue on the pic?!? Shouldn't it supposed to be orange in '71?

But nevertheless a real bad a$$ car! Love the awesome color and don't forget, '71 is the best duster 340 year. :glasses7: Congrats!!!

You are correct 70-71 SB 340 V8 was hemi orange. 72-73 was blue. The pic is labeled "not so stock" and I am not so sure there was confirmation of match to vin. The motor looks to have been apart to alter the manifold and add dress up kit. Hard to tell, but you start to think top end apart, cam upgrade? I hope the owner just opens a build thread to let us know.

Other things about color mentioned above. That car looks optioned with manual brakes (hard to tell), 4spd, and I don't see AC. Ralleye dash package and a super odd color. Maybe someone walked into Dodge dealer late in model year and ordered it. It got a blue motor because they were making blue motors that day for 72 vehicles. It could be a replacement motor as well.

The more I read and the more motors I tear down the funnier things get to me sometimes about the exactness on some of this. I have torn down stock virgin motors with stamps on pad that indicated a turned crank and oversize Pistons from the factory. It's all cool stuff and it surely is a cool car!

You are correct 70-71 SB 340 V8 was hemi orange. 72-73 was blue. The pic is labeled "not so stock" and I am not so sure there was confirmation of match to vin. The motor looks to have been apart to alter the manifold and add dress up kit. Hard to tell, but you start to think top end apart, cam upgrade? I hope the owner just opens a build thread to let us know.

Other things about color mentioned above. That car looks optioned with manual brakes (hard to tell), 4spd, and I don't see AC. Ralleye dash package and a super odd color. Maybe someone walked into Dodge dealer late in model year and ordered it. It got a blue motor because they were making blue motors that day for 72 vehicles. It could be a replacement motor as well.

The more I read and the more motors I tear down the funnier things get to me sometimes about the exactness on some of this. I have torn down stock virgin motors with stamps on pad that indicated a turned crank and oversize Pistons from the factory. It's all cool stuff and it surely is a cool car!

Sounds good - I simply overlooked the sentence "not so stock"! But if it's a late '71Duster, shouldn't it have the "new" Trunklid?

Like I mentioned before, I think that this Duster ist pretty cool and looks awesome in this grey!!! I also hope that there will be a resto thread! Can't wait to see more pics :glasses7:

-
Back