barracuda 383 oil dipstick tube installed Pictures needed

-

mad-car-disease

Reaction score
383 barracuda HELP needed... Does anyone have pictures of their engine out with the oil dip stick tube still installed. I bought a oil dip stick off ebay and it's all wrong. I just want to confirm how it is installed before I start fixing the poor quality part. I wish I could find an original Dip stick tube that is correct for 383 big block A-body's

This is mine, tab bolts to the motor mount boss. 69 383 S

4EEA5AE4-6D81-4A3A-9A05-8DB18D78B152.jpeg

Not out of car, but will try to take pics tomorrow. Mega Parts was selling correct repops of this tube and dipstick couple years ago. Maybe try them.

383 barracuda HELP needed... Does anyone have pictures of their engine out with the oil dip stick tube still installed. I bought a oil dip stick off ebay and it's all wrong. I just want to confirm how it is installed before I start fixing the poor quality part. I wish I could find an original Dip stick tube that is correct for 383 big block A-body's

I believe this is correct: 67-69 Mopar A Body Barracuda Dart Big Block 383 440 Oil Dip Stick Tube | eBay

Years ago a member either sent me this pic, or posted in a thread.

Not sure if power steering was available by 69, it looks like an add on, but everything else is a-body 383.

I believe I saw one car with what appeared to be the original dipstick tube, can't locate that pic, but it looked same as below. These get tossed or destroyed for some reason.

20200913_020424.jpg

I believe this is correct: 67-69 Mopar A Body Barracuda Dart Big Block 383 440 Oil Dip Stick Tube | eBay

Years ago a member either sent me this pic, or posted in a thread.

Not sure if power steering was available by 69, it looks like an add on, but everything else is a-body 383.

I believe I saw one car with what appeared to be the original dipstick tube, can't locate that pic, but it looked same as below. These get tossed or destroyed for some reason.

View attachment 1715594298
Thank you... that helps confirm what I was thinking.

Well it looks like I can't even modify this part to work. bends are all wrong as well so I can't just move the mounting tab.

upload_2020-9-13_14-17-32.png

Search Mega Parts for part #9411. Tube and dipstick for $55. Thats what I installed.

-
Back