Barracuda dash vents

-

plugger340

Reaction score
My 68 Barracuda has the wrong dash defrost vents as someone had to cut out the dash's 'bolt' openings to accomodate them. Aren't all A bodies from 67-76 defrost vents the same? I want to make sure before I order a new set. These vents are 3 5/8 inch wide.

Attachments

• IMG_3382.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3386.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3388.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 103
Since they are all the same, I believe those shown are the correct vents. Maybe someone didn't realize they are left hand and right hand specific.
Takes some effort to put them in wrong.

They are labelled LH and RH and were installed on the correct sides. I'm sure they're not A-body vents as there is a 1/4 gap on the left side of the LH vent and 1/4 inch gap on the right side for the right one (refer to first picture of RH vent), and they were modified so that one side is 3 inch deep and the other is 3 1/4 inch deep (refer to bottom picture at the top of vent).

They are labelled LH and RH and were installed on the correct sides. I'm sure they're not A-body vents as there is a 1/4 gap on the left side of the LH vent and 1/4 inch gap on the right side for the right one (refer to first picture of RH vent), and they were modified so that one side is 3 inch deep and the other is 3 1/4 inch deep (refer to bottom picture at the top of vent).

I see.
Reproductions and good used A-body defrost vents are available. Good luck

-
Back