Barracuda Down Under

-

bruno

Reaction score
Hi i brought my 1967 Barracuda late 2018 it has been in Australia since 2011 but never been put on the road so i am slowly going over the car sorting out all the problems,as it has been sitting in garages for along time i am now driving it to workshops and finding problems and fixing them.I did have a 1976 Australian Charger which was also a A body in the 1980s i have posted some photos of it.It ran a Australian Hemi straight 6 with triple webers 4 speed 3.23 rear end.

IMG_0002.JPG

016.JPG

018.JPG

MY ENGINE BAY[1].JPG

Last edited:
Hi i brought my 1967 Barracuda late 2018 it has been in Australia since 2011 but never been put on the road so i am slowly going over the car sorting out all the problems,as it has been sitting in garages for along time i am now driving it to workshops and finding problems and fixing them.I did have a 1976 Australian Charger which was also a A body in the 1980s i have posted some photos of it.It ran a Australian Hemi straight 6 with triple webers 4 speed 3.23 rear end.

View attachment 1715291378

View attachment 1715291379

View attachment 1715291380
Welcome!
Beautiful convertible

Welcome to the club. Nice Barracuda but I like the Charger to. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. Two good looking cars. Got a pic of that Charger engine to share?

Nice line up of Mopars
Thanks Bruno! Other than the Barracuda and a GTX (not seen in the photos), all the other cars belong to friends. We got together a couple of years ago for a FABO and FBBO picnic at my house. We’re doing it again this coming 5/18/19, so if you’re in NJ then, come on over!

Could we Squeeze 8n a '67 Right Hand Drive Rambler American 232 2bbl export 'powerpac' l6 in there somewhere ? :) .

Was Born in Melbourne A.M.I. after all.. 4.0 Chrysler head on it ?…
Oh well, guess not :-(

PS: It was my 1st Car ! Bought for my 16th birthday by my Grandma ex a Dealers lot Trade in...drove/rode like a tight Cadillac, Went Quicker than a good running Valiant Hemi 245ci 6 (I know, the "Sleeper" blew their doors off hehe) unfortunately forced sale on Moving back to NZ & model was SO despised could only get price of the then just fitted new W/pump: $50 bucks to a Wrecker - whom had a row of 327ci fact Holley 4150 4bbl Classics & Ambassadors, ex Farmers cars, at their disposal (would still've been on the road in NZ) - Still got the Working Factory Rambler AM radio out of the Dash :-/ ...
IF ONLY I still had THAT car now ! (Got the original OEM SC/Rambler thrush nos pair of mufflers & front bucket seats with red/white/blue stripes on the vinyl headrests).
Thanks Gran ...& NO she didn't drive it (I know what ya think'n :p )

mx3585a.jpg

Last edited:
Could we Squeeze 8n a '67 Right Hand Drive Rambler American 232 2bbl export 'powerpac' l6 in there somewhere ? :) .

Was Born in Melbourne A.M.I. after all.. 4.0 Chrysler head on it ?…
Oh well, guess not :-(

PS: It was my 1st Car ! Bought for my 16th birthday by my Grandma ex a Dealers lot Trade in...drove/rode like a tight Cadillac, Went Quicker than a good running Valiant Hemi 245ci 6 (I know, the "Sleeper" blew their doors off hehe) unfortunately forced sale on Moving back to NZ & model was SO despised could only get price of the then just fitted new W/pump: $50 bucks to a Wrecker - whom had a row of 327ci fact Holley 4150 4bbl Classics & Ambassadors, ex Farmers cars, at their disposal (would still've been on the road in NZ) - Still got the Working Factory Rambler AM radio out of the Dash :-/ ...
IF ONLY I still had THAT car now ! (Got the original OEM SC/Rambler thrush nos pair of mufflers & front bucket seats with red/white/blue stripes on the vinyl headrests).
Thanks Gran ...& NO she didn't drive it (I know what ya think'n :p )

View attachment 1715309873

65 Rambler Classic.JPG

-
Back