Barracuda Fender Script

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the later Barracuda Fender Scripts are the same as the 64-65? I have found at least 3 separate listings on classic industries and I see a few out on eBay.

Nope, they are not the same. In 64-65, the last "a" in Barracuda has a really long tail and 4 pins to hold it on. In 66 they changed the "a" tail to a much shorter length, and moved the emblem to the front of the fender. It also lost one mounting pin because they didnt have to lash down that long tail!! I can get you a picture later if you need one! Geof

I can contribute a bit of information but probably not all you are seeking. The 64 script had a long tail on it. In 65 and 66 the script had a short tail. In 1967 the tail was again longer but not as long as the 64. You can use a 65 script on a 64 car by relocating one hole in the fender. There is also some confusion as there were 65 scripts with the same part number as the 64. In 1970 I needed to replace one of the scripts on my 64 so I got the number cast into the back of it and ordered from the Chrysler/Plymouth shop and the one that arrived had the short tail and pins which fit OK and the part number cast into it was the same as the one cast into the 64. I drove with a short tail on my Barracuda emblem for many years. The pins for the 67 are in different locations. As far as 67 and 68 I'm not sure. I do know that 69 is different. A friend was following a lumber yard truck too closely in his 69 Cuda and shortened the front of his car. We wound up getting some used fenders and hood from a 68 to put on it but when we went to put the emblems on the holes were not in the correct place.

Thank you guys. Anyone selling a 65 Barracuda Fender Script? I am having trouble finding a replacement.

Looks like it might be part numbers 2579258 and 2579259.

There is a NOS 2579259 on eBay right now but I am not sure what side it is for.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-Plymouth-Barracuda-NOS-Fender-Emblem-/151186576436?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23336c1434&vxp=mtr"]1965 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Fender Emblem | eBay[/ame]

Well unfortunately it was lost in the accident.

Remove the other one and if the last nuimber is an 8 than you need the emblem ending in 9, vice versa.
- Part# 2579258 - Passenger Side - 2nd prong on 2nd "r"

- Part#2579259 - Driver Side - 2nd prong on 2nd "a"

-
Back