Barracuda yes or barracuda No

-

MObarracuda

Reaction score
View attachment image.jpgAll...I just joined to get The forms opinion on a potential new purchase. I'm looking at a 1967 barracuda with the 273 V-8 air-conditioning bench seat fastback with automatic. It is not a formula S and comes equipped with drum brakes. Looks to be a survivor with original color and in good shape. Good shape being one small quarter size rust hole in the quarter panel and the paint still has a little shine left to it.

I've been looking for a 1968 or 1969 340 4 speed formula S fastback bucket seats center console with her becoming hard to find and an affordable price.

Can anyone tell me what I'm getting into? I'm 6'2" tall. Will I fit comfortably? What is fair price range for a vehicle with this equipment. Are the 67 to 69 barracudas growing in popularity?

Here are some pictures. What do you think? Should I buy it this weekend.

they aren't cheap.. not sure what you are considering affordable? a 68-9 340 car is not going to be cheap for a done or mostly done car 20k +/- 5k range i'd say.

The car you're looking to "settle" on seems is nothing you were looking for, but is probably still in the 10k range. I hope if you go for it that you'll be happy with it.

The others (68-9 340-s cars) are out there you just have to take time and look and maybe look outside your area to purchase.

If you don't need original its a pretty easy swap from 273 to a 360, a few tweaks and you will love the performance.

:eek:ops::eek:ops:
View attachment 1714887882All...I just joined to get The forms opinion on a potential new purchase. I'm looking at a 1967 barracuda with the 273 V-8 air-conditioning bench seat fastback with automatic. It is not a formula S and comes equipped with drum brakes. Looks to be a survivor with original color and in good shape. Good shape being one small quarter size rust hole in the quarter panel and the paint still has a little shine left to it.

I've been looking for a 1968 or 1969 340 4 speed formula S fastback bucket seats center console with her becoming hard to find and an affordable price.

Can anyone tell me what I'm getting into? I'm 6'2" tall. Will I fit comfortably? What is fair price range for a vehicle with this equipment. Are the 67 to 69 barracudas growing in popularity?

Here are some pictures. What do you think? Should I buy it this weekend.

One pic?? Go buy it. Then come back and enjoy the forum. Im 6' 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 150
Thank you for all your comments. is the 340 V-8 in the 360 V-8 approximately the same weight?

The car for sale is listed for $13,000.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 132
Weights the same unless u build the 360 with aluminum parts, then it weighs less.

they aren't cheap.. not sure what you are considering affordable? a 68-9 340 car is not going to be cheap for a done or mostly done car 20k +/- 5k range i'd say.

The car you're looking to "settle" on seems is nothing you were looking for, but is probably still in the 10k range. I hope if you go for it that you'll be happy with it.

The others (68-9 340-s cars) are out there you just have to take time and look and maybe look outside your area to purchase.

Thanks....I think these cars are a world apart in differences. I just don't know if I'll find one under $15k.

she sure is purdee

not sure if I would want to spend that much on it, but then again, I'm more into dusters anyway

Hard to tell from the pictures. It looks nice. I'm partial to '67 and '68, however all three years have there own unique touches. Depends on personal preference I suppose. Things to keep in mind, you will probably want to upgrade to BBP disk, Does the A/C work. What kind of condition is body in. You can't find '67-'69 Fender's at least not cheaply.From looks of the pic's it appears to be 10-12K, but I would look at it or send someone to do so.Specially before I laid out that kind of dough.

Real 69 Formula S cars ARE indeed getting hard to find, that is why I eventually bought a Non "S" car and modified it. It has a hot 340, 4 Speed, Air, Disk Brakes, etc. It is a BLAST to drive. I prefer the 69's, but that is just personal preference. I think $15K is a bit high for that car. If you really want a bucket seat 4-speed car, you might want to consider looking a bit longer.

-
Back