Barracudas: Did Mopar Move the Door Knob Hole Location Between Years?

-

JD Erisman

Reaction score
I brought my ‘67 parts car home after more than thirty-years parked in my parents “back 40” (actually 10 acres). I’m gathering all of my spare parts, make it easier on my kids, eventually. I never noticed on this parts car before but the driver’s door has the same door lock knob location as both doors on my driver, well behind my shoulder. The passenger door, however, has the knob location much more towards the middle of the door, it’s a very noticeable difference. I believe the doors are from different year cars as the vent window handles are different in design as well. Has anyone else noticed this lock knob location difference or is it common knowledge and I’m just behind the knowledge power curve?

Thank you

67-9 all knob lock locations were different. 67 was way back by rear edge of door. 68 a little more in and 69 I believe in a bit more.

Mary Ann in a '69. Early build, no headrest.
FB_IMG_1692553551757.jpg

My 1968. Late build, June of '68.
IMG_20231022_235610808.jpg

That’s what my two doors look like, except my “69” door has the chrome door handle push button and the same set of double pin stripes as yours. My “67” door has the black plastic push button, it may be a replacement from a later year. Interesting to see the differences in production.

-
Back