Barrett-Jackson

-
FASTBACK340 said:
I think B-J screwed up today. They ran that `70 Orange HemiCuda with SEVENTY FOUR original miles at 4:30 this afternoon. Pobably THE finest HemiCuda in exsistance...and it runs in the afternoon. If they ran it at 9-10 tonight it would have surely past the $500,000 it sold for. Granted, 1/2 a million is serious coin, but some one paid 4 million for a bus last year....

Go figure.
Saw that also and was wondering the same thing.....why they didn't wait ??

Especially when a restored yellow `70 HemiCuda coupe sold for $475K Saturday night!

Go figure....

I like watching Barrett Jackson, but pisses me off at the same time. How can they call it a hobby when us little guys cant even buy them. Its a hobby for the people with millions. :sad:

Timing is everything......at Barrett-Jackson. That Cuda' would have been a butt kicker if it was on when the big spenders were there.

Personally I think it is TV entertainment at it's finest....but that's all.

I also think Craig Jackson is somewhat of a "*****." He could not influence me to spend money on a car if I had several million to throw away.

Spanky's wife couldn't sell me glass of water if I was sitting in the middle of the desert..... She's not that good looking. She acts like when she touches those guys that is is supposed to mean something.

I'd rather watch B-J than a cooking show or someone re-building a house, or American Idol or Dancing with the stars.........

I watched a lot of the auction and the prices were ridiculous as everyone knows. But it was great to see some really cool cars and listen to Mike Joy. The guy sounds like a really hardcore car guy. BUT please, selling rock-n-roll memorabilia and a stagecoach at a car auction is just not right! Maybe worth trying but let it go. I admit I got caught up in the bidding for the Super Snake Shelby Cobra. Oh well, it's back to reruns of Perry Mason tonight.

I really like watching it to see the cars, the bidding hype and drama doesn't do anything for me. Lots of people from the more money than brains club, good on them, if you want to pay 5 mil for a Cobra, go right ahead. Seems to me that there are some pretty good deals on street rods every year. For about $100,000 you could get 3 sweet street rods/trucks or 1 mis-matched B-body, not that I don't like B-bodies but I'd take the rods everytime. There was a 70 Cuda or Challenge, don't remember which, had a bigger hemi crate motor, 472 or 528, again the old memory doesn't serve me well that went for high 50's or 60's, I though that was a pretty decent deal compared to most, especially E-bodies, they go for crazy prices.

All those cars and not one single A-body!
Guess our cars are off the millionare's radar, at least for now.

Actually a few A bodies did sell, 69 340 swinger went for 29,000, a 71 demon 440 went for 33,000 and a 68 dart gts convertible with a blown 360 went for 28,600. Obviously the hounds haven't discovered A Bodies and maybe that's not a bad thing.

Terry

demon seed said:
Actually a few A bodies did sell, 69 340 swinger went for 29,000, a 71 demon 440 went for 33,000 and a 68 dart gts convertible with a blown 360 went for 28,600. Obviously the hounds haven't discovered A Bodies and maybe that's not a bad thing.

Terry

Did they show them on TV?
If they did i must have missed them.

Can't say I only started watching Saturday, go the website and pullup the results for thursday and friday, they're in there.

416 scamp said:
I like watching Barrett Jackson, but pisses me off at the same time. How can they call it a hobby when us little guys cant even buy them. Its a hobby for the people with millions. :sad:
I agree totally with Scamp. I do like to watch, cause you get to see great cars, and its cool how the Mopars get alot of respect, as reflected in the price. but the prices are WAY outta hand. I mean come on, like others in this thread have stated its basically making it impossible for 95% of people to own these cars, in the original numbers matching state. I can almost see paying low six figures for a car thats truly rare, or the last of its kind, but that Shelby selling for 5 million, what kind of investment can that be? How much more can these cars appricate? Mabye im missing something, but it gets me steamed to see us pushed outta the box, cause some people wanna flex their money muscles on TV, so heres to thoes people :butthead:

I was interested also because they auctioned a 1966 Barracuda......It sold during the day (I think) on the second day. It was supposed to be all original, but it had the wrong wheels, wrong air cleaner, wrong steering wheel, and it was the low-go 180 hp motor......Still sold for $19, 400...............

BoredandStroked said:
EvilScamp, I want to commend you on keeping the Scamps a secert cause only one was sold there. Good job on keeping the Scamps a secert! (If I did the flame job it would be a lil nicer hehehe)

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/cardetails.asp In_AuctionID=221&In_LotNumber=301

I was Bored but then i got Stroked then i clicked on your link but your linky no worky!
Scamps aren't really a secret we are just discrete and only let the truly worthy into are little group.
It's designed that way to keep the Riff-Raff (like you!) out!
tongue0011.gif

Try the new link I put in it.

Riff-Raff, well I have been called worst so oh well. Scamps are far and few around here, guess people junked that Riff-Raff and got a Dart or a Demon. Plymouth always was the granny-section of Chrysler divisons. Hehe

BoredandStroked said:
Try the new link I put in it.

Riff-Raff, well I have been called worst so oh well. Scamps are far and few around here, guess people junked that Riff-Raff and got a Dart or a Demon. Plymouth always was the granny-section of Chrysler divisons. Hehe

That Scamp looks like a P.O.S.!
All original components? It's a 72 with a 74 front-clip how is that original?
15K on that paint job! Wow he got ripped off!

Plymouth always was the granny section of Chrysler?
You mean Granny's were driving 340 Duster's, RR's,GTX's and Superbirds?
That's one cool Granny!:thumbup:

Scamps are few around here to,although i have to admit i did see another at a local car show owned by an older lady(possibly a Granny) she bought it new in 72 and it still had it's original paint!

416 scamp said:
easy on the scamps their!!! :angry4:

Easy there Brett,it's all in good fun!

We'll get BoredandStroked when know one is looking!:axe:

Hey now, I didnt say grannys were old and slow did I? I know a granny that drives a Mach 1 (newer version) and drives it like she is 20. My great-granny chased a schoolteacher with an axe cause she hit my granny.

I will be honest, I thought my 73 Dart was a Scamp the first time I saw it, even though I only saw the rear. Sad thing is that, other then Bretts I havent even heard talk of a Scamp around my area. On that note, you may live close to me EvilScamp, and Brett has a general location of where I live, so I suppose I need to run for the hills.

NO SCAMPS......?? Of course not.....
People are holding on to them until the Barrett-Jackson 2010 auction, and then there will be 75 of them for sale, and they will all sell for over $200,000.00 each.......

This is all in good fun, but I DO BELIEVE that was a "Granny" Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible that sold on last years B=J for TWO MILLION DOLLARS.....

Wasn't it?

I'd be proud to own ANY of the MOPARS I've seen in this thread!!!!!!!

I had a 72 Scamp, thing took alot of abuse, I mean A-LOT. It was dependable, fast, and got a lot of looks. Especially when I put a 6-pak scoop on it. It ate it's share of Chevy's. I wish I didn't sell it.

BoredandStroked said:
On that note, you may live close to me EvilScamp, and Brett has a general location of where I live, so I suppose I need to run for the hills.

Brett you up for a road trip?
fighting0002.gif

-
Back