Barry Grant A12401 750cfm

-

Psychoduster

Reaction score
Hi guys,

refering to my short introduction, I have a few questions about a BG 750cfm carb.
As far as I know, BG was building carbs, since holley had "some problems" with his products.

Everything I could find out till now, is, that the carb is a gold claw race carburetor without chocke.
So the car has some mods (see below) and one of the first things I want to do, is to check the carb.
As always (I am tuning superbikes and supermotos for over 20 years), I will mount two wideband sensors.
The only Problem I have in the moment.... I don't know realy much about the carb.
I've seen, that the most parts from holley will fit, but I am looking for a description, parts manual or the Manual given the customer from Barry Grant.

The car runs good, but I don't know who tuned the carb.... checking things is better, than fixing damages.

So can someone help me out, or has some tips for me....

Thank you in advance... Eckhard ;-)

360 engine, 0.030 bored over
speed pro pistons
292 comp cam, roler rocerks
polished and ported heads
edelbrock air gap Performer
msd didgital 6A igniton....
BG 750cfm carb
big headders, 2,5" dual exhaust.....

20170102_142620.jpg

DSC01335.JPG

DSC01311.JPG

Last edited:
Wrote BG, but received only a short info:

"Yes that is a claw users holley parts not much to say but make sure bowl screws don't get loose and spray air bleeds out with carb cleaner !! Have no manual .. good carb
BG"

Hope to get some more detail somewhere.

Wrote BG, but received only a short info:

"Yes that is a claw users holley parts not much to say but make sure bowl screws don't get loose and spray air bleeds out with carb cleaner !! Have no manual .. good carb
BG"

Hope to get some more detail somewhere.

Well, go to 4secondsflat.com and the call Don. He loved those things and used to be a dealer for them. If he can't help you, I'm sure he can lead you to someone who can.

FWIW, I'm not sure how much of anything Barry Grant kept or was allowed to keep when he went bankrupt. He may not have any of that stuff left. He went through some pretty hard times IIRC.

Keep us posted.

Well, go to 4secondsflat.com and the call Don. He loved those things and used to be a dealer for them. If he can't help you, I'm sure he can lead you to someone who can.

FWIW, I'm not sure how much of anything Barry Grant kept or was allowed to keep when he went bankrupt. He may not have any of that stuff left. He went through some pretty hard times IIRC.

Keep us posted.

Hi,

thank you for the reply!
Will send Don an email and see, what he can tell me.
My car is still out to get a german historic approval.
After that the first step is to check the carb...
BTW... 4secondsflat.com is a realy good site!

Again, thanks a lot... Eckhard :)

Last edited:
Hey,

Did you get ahold of Don at FBO??

Was he any help?
Was he any help?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

yes, I had contact and he was realy friendly.
He told me that the carb is realy old and it would be hard to find parts for it.
He suggest a new AED carb and he offers his help to me, if the dealer won't ship to germany.
So far so good.... the car will arrive at the end of april.
I will install two wideband sensors and give the Gold Claw a try.
If the carb won't work or needs to much parts, i will change to an AED or Holley.

There is an other problem with the break - the 369 engine/292 comp cam combination does not produces much vacuum for the brake booster.
So I think I have to install a Hella UP28 or similar pump to get enough break vacuum.

In the moment, I am waiting for several packages from the USA to be delivered.... gaskets/rubber parts/seals/windows/instrument dash kit (Autometer)....
I am so excited and hope to get the dusty as soon as possible.

gaskets/rubber pars/seals/windows/dash kit (Autometer)....
I am so excited and hope to get the dusty as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the tip :thankyou:

-
Back