Basf paint..any experience with it ?

-

grassy

Reaction score
I found today that I could buy Basf paint line locally. It is sold under a brand called Limco Supreme.

https://www.basfrefinish.com/cgi-bi...=Introduction&itemName=Limco&parentName=Limco

I hate seeing the work "economy" but we are not building a show car..and we are trying to work in a budget.

Anyone use this before ? ..and any recommendations ? Not sure if the supreme plus is out yet.

I like the idea of local support rather than importing from Ontario..3 provinces away..

ian.

BASF is a quality product, no reason not to use it.

BASF makes Glasurit too which is probably one of the best paint lines in the world.

Yup. It's just mostly a European brand that most of us in America are not familiar with.

What???!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI - The BASF lines are formulated in Southfield, MI and Toronto, ON

The Glasurit lines were brought over from Germany 40 years ago and reformulated for use in the North American market.

The Limco brand an "economy" product line for the frugal buyer.

The L90 waterborne base/clear system is very nice to work with.

sscuda

But does this mean low quality that will only last a year or so ?

But does this mean low quality that will only last a year or so ?

Grassy,

You won't get the same properties in the Limco product line as you would with a premium product line. The Limco line is cheaper for a reason.

As far as longevity it depends on a lot of factors. The elements are our worst enemy. UV exposure, acid rain, smog, etc.

It also depend on how you take car of a vehicle. Is it stored inside quite a bit or does it sit outside 24/7. Daily driver or trailer queen.

I've painted cars (30 years ago) in a single stage 2K acrylic enamel that are still looking good today. They are only taken out of a garage on nice days and rarely sit in the sun for more than 6 hours at a time.

As far as rust protection they are equal.

Only you can make this decision.

If you have any questions PM me.

sscuda

Maybe so but as I said BASF is a European company and many here (outside of the business) are less familiar with their paint lines.

BASF is a Global chemical company based in Ludwigschafen , Germany. They formulate paints/primers/solvents for the regions they service. They have been in North America for almost 90 years, 100 years if you count their purchase of R&M Paints.

There's a reason they put "For Professional Use Only" on the label. Most of their product lines are targeted for expert painters, not the back yard handyman.

If I misread your statement I apologize. If you learned something today, you're welcome.

sscuda

-
Back