basic skills anyone?

-
The last few times I've went to the local Sonic I've had to give this one car hop back money. They even help the car hops out by having the correct amount of change printed on the ticket. By the way she thinks I'm a great tipper. Little does she realize I'm just doing the right thing. The laugh is on her.

best buy's employees tend to know very little about their products. i sell many of the same things at staples and for fun when i go to best buy i ask about those same products. Lets just say you should be happy he told you he didnt know. the salesman i talked to made stuff up thinking i wouldnt know any better. a parable would be asking him what the c.i. of a slant 6 is out of a 72 dart, and having the salesman tell you "302".

It's sad what commisioned sales plus no product knowledge creates

Sometimes people are too busy judging/questioning others motives for doing what they do and are not thinking along the same lines.
I wonder if there is a law stating you have to comply with change exchangers? ha ha

And Really...no genius is gonna work a job that pays minimum wage so your expectation was unrealistic.

im 20....i work for about the same as best buy, and im not even confined to one department. but im responsible for knowing everything we sell, as well as troubleshooting them and even repairs. if I and my other coworkers can i see no reason why employees at a best buy cant.

(im not saying that ALL best buy employees are this way, but enough to make a negative impact)

And Really...no genius is gonna work a job that pays minimum wage so your expectation was unrealistic.

This is true.....BUT people just don't take any pride in there work. Sure now they are only makig minimum wage but if they try hard and do there job well they have a chance to move up in rank and make more money. But a lot of people just don't get that.

I worked grocery for 9 years. Counting change is a lost art. The kids today don't have a clue, they just do what the machine tells them.

Inventory. Gotta love it. When I was at Midas the entire back wall of the building was the rotor inventory. The store was a 100' long with four shelves of rotors. The guy who did inventory insisted that everything go from left to right, each shelf, top down. So if you were looking for rotor part number 100081 and the row ended at 100075 you had to walk all the way to the left and pick up 100076 and count in again.

I wound up replacing this guy. It didn't take long for one of my co-workers and I to start left to right on the top shelf, then drop down going right to left on the second shelf.

Instead of walking just 400 feet to do inventory this guy was walking 700 feet to do the same thing.

Did you ever think of stocking the inventory top to bottom? By my calculations (no calculator needed), you had to walk back and forth four times to do the inventory your way (Right 100', left 100', right 100', left 100'). If inventory was stocked top to bottom in single columns, you would only have had to walk 100' one time to do the whole thing. :clock:

I should have been an efficiency expert! :-D

Did you ever think of stocking the inventory top to bottom? By my calculations (no calculator needed), you had to walk back and forth four times to do the inventory your way (Right 100', left 100', right 100', left 100'). If inventory was stocked top to bottom in single columns, you would only have had to walk 100' one time to do the whole thing. :clock:

I should have been an efficiency expert! :-D

The system that we had really didn't allow for that. Multiple items of the same part number with more inventory coming everyday. When you carry 12 rotors for a Honda, 20 for Subarus, etc. And when you get a rotor and the box says: "Do not store flat..." Yeah, they were all standing on edge.

-
Back