basket case 360

-

jeppe swede

Reaction score
I just traded my 65 dart gt for a basket case 64 dart gt .
rounded up some parts for my object a 85 360 comp cams 20-223-3 edelbrock perfomer rpm intake. same brand 750 carb. Tq 727 79 tranny. My problem is headers or 340 manifolds. I know headers beats manifolds but the cost is it worth it. The only header brand i can get my hands on here in sweden are tti. And they cost a whopping 1700 dollar. Contacted almost every one in the us but the freight and customs costs kill that deal. I have been tinkering with the welder and tryed to build my own headers before this car. And its no fun job and time consuming. How big is the power gain in the real world .
Jeppe swede

Ps sorry for the hick ups in spelling

im in the middle of swapping in a new 3000 stall torque converter on my 72 demon, yanked motor and trans together, have (had?) hedman headers, imo its just not worth the hassle and scarred up knuckles for that extra bit of power, or tti's if u can afford it is an option that i dont have at this time

Thanks for the answers. 10 to 15 years ago i fitted 340 manifolds in a 65 dodge dart gt with a 340 s engine. fixed it with some fiddeling and grinding smaller dia stering column. No servo or servo brakes. 21/2 inch ext all the way out to the back worked nice. No pics taken.

Jeppe swede

-
Back