Bastard 4 door 64 440 Resto

-
Welcome Mosquito13. Glad this cool car has found a good home. By the way I was born and raised in Sarasota...I bet a/c is on the list of projects.

after market a/c already in the car, and after a recharge itnow blows ice cold . hitting the dmv come monday to register and tag it. scored . 1964 florida plates were just the right color

fla tag.jpg

picked up the car from the shop . brakes are first rate now. leak down came out good, its a solid engine. its recomended to go for a better carb and convert to electronic iggy... will do as funds permit. right now my work starts, the weather stripping and brake lights and blinkers and por-15 the floor pans and trunk.

i have looked and scrapped all over the engine looking for the casting #'s . where are they . 318 poly

coronet 006.jpg

coronet 009.jpg

engine comes later. right now its brake lights and weather stripping. it will be rainy season in fla soon. am told there were no stampings as yet for my motor. nowonder i couldn't find 'em.

two coats of por -15 and a little glass sandwiched between coats over a couple pin holes. looks rough but it is.... and it will be covered with carpet. real happy with the trunk weather stripping. two real hard rains and no water in trunk. brake, turn signals, running, and licence lights all working (in back at least). decided to work from the back forward. less systems to deal with to start. needed a bunch of missing fasteners from fenders to trim and the gas tank replaced. .. there are so many nuts and bolts missing i don't feel confident driving the car till i hit the front bumper. new carb and iggy in the works with the shop i deal with. coming weekend is the door weather stripping and widow channels and base wipers on all four doors.following , pulling the bench seats. need to research a front drivers floor pan . the back and passengers will get por-15ed . have new carpet on order and will also research putting in three point seat belts. that should keep me busy for the next three weeks. oh friday i am going to put on pair of the old school universal traction bars that came with the car. they got shot with gloss black after stripping the crappy orange paint and ruffing up the rusty chrome under that. that and while under there i will tap in two new spark plug females to the exhaust tips. car came with a flame thrower kit just needs the plugs.i know , i know... redneck

trim 003.jpg

rain is here in fla. so before dealing with the floor pans it was time to deal with the cause before fixing the effect. with no tips forthcoming i went to it . the door side of the window wipes popped in ,the ones on the door panels are stapled on so those wait till remaking the the entire panels( i got no arm rests and the fiber board is rotted not holding the pannel spring clips anymore). the trim around the door went on super ez . i did use a bead of 3m weather strip glue on the out side edge(rubber side). loosed up the inside trim and used a shim made out of a 1 gal . milk jug to help slide the cloth in . again super ez job. looks good and more important durring the torrential 3 o'clock rain ,the water stayed out and the floor mats stayed dry. traction bars and maybe make space for the eight track player this afternoon and i am done for this weekend. next weekend removing the seats and prepping the floor board for por-15ing. knock on wood i can get by with just that, but won't know till the seats are out and all the carpet is up. should have the new carpet by then and my second shipment from por15. going to try their matt (fiber) to go over and streangthen the drivers side floor board, this is where there is pin holes, at least thats the plan . hoping to get around replacing the floor pan. if it works i will do info commercials for them.

weather stripping 001.jpg

weather stripping 002.jpg

weather stripping 003.jpg

Thanks for the update on this cool Mopar. Where did you find the door windlacing? Was it pricey?

paid though the nose on sealing up the car. i am chucking the receipts as they come in . trying to avoid feeling bad by preventing a add up or when i sell this car for a loss. all seals hood, doors, window , and trunk was around $500 to the door. i will check the box. dude was 1st rate and fixed me up right making sure i got what i needed not what i ordered.(this is second dodge/second car so this all new to me). so's i will post up his name and number. got it off this sites or the coronet regis. vendors list.

been doing stuff on the car just forgot to take pics and post up. electronic ignition, wires and plugs installed , what a differnce( do that mod now). new shocks up front, need to go through the whole front end when finnaces balance again. L.O.L.. changed out the head lights to halogen, need to go relay/dirrect feed as they are still dim or i am just spoiled by the h.i.d.s on the daily. got the medalion holder for the front quater panel(thanks). going to mod both to hold some led's and work as a additional blinker(got clear medalions) .also got some caliper paint and a spair set of valve covers . need to paint the new master before it rusts through, and with a paint on the valve covers will detail the engine compartment some. will try to get some pics of that and post up as it happens. thats it to date i think.

here is the bomb. going to blow the budget on this . got a stock dual quad intake for the 318 poly. so now need to figure out what carbs to get. leaning toward the gm quadrajets,got two sets of conversion plates for them, but need some input here.the carb's going to have to be used or inexpensive or better yet both(a pair of eddies 14's is around $500 new as to mod quad's rebuilt $200), cause now i need to order some headers ($700 from tti ) have 3" pipes with cut outs after the restrictive stock manafolds. like i said one blown budget!

so need lots input & wisdom as i am now officially over my head on this project.

318 wide block poly . anyone running one? budget is officially blown. went with a pair of afb 500's on the recomendation of the good people on the hamb's advice. a quick rebuild on them and the fun begins .

dual quad intake.jpg

carters.jpg 3.jpg

-
Back