Bastard 4 door 64 440 Resto

-
I was holding my breath waiting for the two door conversion pics.

Sweet ride regardless, and that dog has some scary looking eyes, almost human.

I was holding my breath waiting for the two door conversion pics.

Sweet ride regardless, and that dog has some scary looking eyes, almost human.
Nice work Terry!Hey Cudaspaz,I was thinking the same thing about the dog Java,s eyes.Thems some freeky eyes,they,d scare the bajeebles outta me first thing in the mornin!LOL:shock::tongue3:

GREAT JOB \\\ It's nice to see someone save a car.

You say nothing major? Looks pretty major to me. Great work. Not many try to bring back 4-door cars. Glad to see you're doing it. They make great road cars or daily drivers if the drivertrains aren't "improved" too much.

Weird...rest of my post are back. Thanks admin!

Wheels and Scarbird front disk brackets cam in too! Went down and bought the rotors, calipers, etc as needed. Out the door with the brackets I'm at $315! Beats the hell out of other conversions that are $700. Should help stop the 20's.

...and me waiting at the bank to find out how $30k got wired from my biz account to Russia over the xmas Holiday. Luckily BOA has insurance!

CIMG0006.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

CIMG0008.jpg

The moved 30k would make me a little nervous, lol. But I just went through your thread and you're doing great work. Like others have said, a lot of people wouldn't bother taking on a 4 door as a project, but it looks great. Black looks good too. Not sure about those wheels yet but once they are on I am sure they'll look good... do like the black in the middle of the spokes though.

Nice metal work. You sure didn't waste any time getting started on that project!! Keep the pics coming, that car looks great!!:cheers:

I tried to find this post the other day and was unable. Was it removed for some reason? I have a 65 Satellite I need to do the same thing to and was very impressed with your work.

Work has been slammed since xmas but I did get a little work done.

It was much more difficult and pricey to do this swap than I had read. I used the scarebird brackets. Mopar Muscle had an article that said the rotors, and inner bearing should all be 1970-1974 LTD, outer bearing is 1970 plymouth. They also said that outer race need to be removed. Neither of the bearings worked. The outer didnt fit the rotor and the inner didnt fit the scarebird adapter on the spindle. I spent an hr looking through bearings at Advanced to no avail. Finally sent an email to scarebird.

Ended up that 1970-1972 Galaxie rotors are needed and are about 30% more expensive. Had to order them online, not available at any local parts store. Neither race needed to be removed, thankfully I test fitted the bearing prior to beating them to death.

List:

Scarebird adapters & hardware = $165
1979 Cadillac 15" brake hose = $36
1970 Plymouth Outer bearings = $24
1972 Galaxie Inner Bearings = $24
2001 Dodge Ram Pads = $31.99
2001 Dodge Ram Calipers = $52 x 2 = $104

Total = $385

Still need to buy a dual pump MC, figure $100. So $485 which is very close to may on the ready made kits on the market, saving all the fuss.

But its done, now I need to get the wheels mounted, inner door seal, new carpet, & redo the door panels. Home stretch......until I find a nice 440 somewhere :snakeman:

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

Both front brakes done, had to replace 1/2 of the exisiting brake lines as they were rusted together and could get a connection point. Oh well, need to be done anyway. Waiting on tire for the wheels =P~

Yeah looks great I was wandering how the 4 door would look but man that is something else. Great work

That's looking Great ! I like how the wheels you chose seem to mimic the trim very nice touch !

I really like those wheels on that car, they look great! Nice job on the brakes too, seems like too many people upgrade to huge rims and leave the puny brakes, you will stop now!

Those wheels look great on that car. Not a huge fan of big wheels but as was already said, they go well with the trim, and the black accent tones them down just enough for them to be cool. I like it... gunna be one nice 4 door.

I was going to add the original red stripe in between the trim but I'm not sure if it will be too much. What do you guys think?

I had a 64 330 slant car, couldn't kill it 'til my buddy hit a telephone pole with his 64 Hemi car. He bought my junker, torched the front clip off of it and left the rest in my driveway. Some friend huh?

Your car looks great, nice work.

Wow, that car looks AWESOME with those wheels on it.
Excellent work you are doing there, great to watch!

Having a issue getting the brakes to hold pressure. I have bled the dog pi$$ out of them & swapped out the tee fitting that split the 2 front disc.

I can get pressure but after 10 secs its back to the floor. Any ideas?

time to high jack this thread. i just got this car . brakes are getting fixed/finished, and a leak down on the motor at a shop. need the brakes tight ! the leak down to confirm a suspected head gasket leak. picked up all the door, cowl, trunk gaskets and rubbers, a couple hundred in por15 for the floor pans and trunk. need to hit the bone yard and stock up on fasteners. new carpet kit on the way. got a eight track quad system also. car is pretty tight. just needs some finishing . do plan on the engine swap soon. have till sept. to finish it up for the wife's 50th birthday . will try to post up some pics of the continuation of this project car.

-
Back