battery and engine ground?

-
I dont see hwy not. Just make sure its a tight, clean connection.

You do mean the small wire battery & engine grounds right? because the large ground wire from the battery needs to go to the engine not the frame.

Chuck

340 mopar, explain please, I have had my negative battery lead grounded to the frame for the past year since my battery was in the trunk. I just moved it up front. I have a large ground strap from the engine to frame and was going to run the negative terminal to the same place. If the engine is grounded and the negative goes to the frame isn't that the same? Everything is tied together? Is there somewhere else it's supposed to go? I am talking about the only, and large negative cable coming off the battery. I don't have any small wires coming off negative cable. Thanks for the replies.

With the Battery up front I would run the neg from the driverside head to the battery like the factory did it.

Thanks AdamR. I think that's what I'm going to do. I haven't cut or routed the wire yet so it will be an easy swap. Thanks to everyone for the help!

63dartman as long as you have a large cable like the one put on your car to the engine then you are fine. The problem I have seen in the past is guys put the large cable to the frame and rely on the small cable or mounts or throttle linkage, etc to make the high amperage connection when the starter motor is engaged. You can use the chassis as the large ground as long as you have a large cable attached to the motor.

Chuck

thanks 340mopar, I do have a very good ground strap on the engine. probably capable of 1k amps for a short time. but, I am going to swap them just to be safe.

I kinda go over board on the grounds myself. 1st my motor is sitting on a solid mount. I have a ground from the head to the battery and radiator support. I also have a large ground wire from the back of the block to the fire wall. Cant hurt.

-
Back