Battery cable

-

RioGrandMan

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a new set of battery cables for my 66 Barracuda, where should the factory ground go to the body?

Most bolt directly to the left head.
1693828732206.png

Hello all,

I have a new set of battery cables for my 66 Barracuda, where should the factory ground go to the body?
Typically, front of left head (driver side to battery negative, rear of right head (passenger side ) to firewall, I use a braided strap for that one and a heavy gauge wire from battery negative to core support.

Typically, front of left head (driver side to battery negative, rear of right head (passenger side ) to firewall, I use a braided strap for that one and a heavy gauge wire from battery negative to core support
My 67 dart 273, the engine was out once so it might not be in its stock location.

Batt neg to front of driver's side head. ( I have heard of some being attached to an intake manifold bolt.)

Ground strap to fire wall...

Mine is attached to a dedicated bolt on the passenger side rear of the intake manifold, near the oil pressure sender, the head of the bolt facing up.

This is a 360 intake but the bolt circled is the one my ground strip is attached to.

Screenshot_20230904-074038.png

Last edited:
Hello all,

Looks like you are asking two different questions.
The negative Battery Cable goes to the engine (as shown above)
There is also a ground strap (wire) that goes from the rear of the right (passenger side) head to the body (firewall)

Alan

I have the main negative cable bolted to the engine block with a like sized cable in the same spot going to the corner of the radiator support and driver's inner fender. I also have a ground cable from the firewall to a transmission bellhousing bolt in the factory location.

-
Back