Battery question...1974 Valiant

-

sconut1

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that a group 34 battery is correct for these cars? I'm being a little anal....I want to get a Mopar branded battery. If I walk into the dealer and ask for a group 34 battery, am I good to go?

Are you looking for an original type and size? They did depend on engine, A/C and such.
The Group 24 seems to sound closer to correct.

Thanks for the info all.
When I went to pick up my car, I couldn't find a group 24, so I did purchase a group 27. The group 27 works, but is just about a 1/4 inch larger than the tray. I think I'll just modify the tray so that the 27 battery fits a little better. Too bad the rest of the underhood doesn't look as nice as the new battery...lol. All things in time I guess.

Oh, I forgot to mention.... I did, after the fact, check into the group 34. Why this group you ask? It's original for late model, (well, late years of production) Dodge Diplomats and Plymouth Gran Furys, and some K cars. Thought it might be easer to find. For the sake of information, the 34 is roughly the same length and width as a group 24, but is about an inch higher. From what I can see this will probably work if anyone wants.

-
Back