Battery?

-

redbeast340

Reaction score
i'm a new member and i was wondering if some one could me out. trying to relocate my battery in the trunk of my 72 duster. anyone have any info please let me know.

Not really hard. You just have to plan out the wire routing and function. It also helps if you can get the car up in the air to do the work.

ok thank you. how hard is that to put in?

I have used this kit twice. I always throw away the ugly belt strap because the top snaps on and the belt really isn't needed. The roughest part of the whole install is drilling the battery mount bolts through the trunk sheet metal. The second is crimping the cable end terminals AFTER you have established the correct length. I crimped and then soldered mine. Make sure the positive cable is routed so that the insulation does not nicked at therefore grounded.

I have used this kit twice. I always throw away the ugly belt strap because the top snaps on and the belt really isn't needed. The roughest part of the whole install is drilling the battery mount bolts through the trunk sheet metal. The second is crimping the cable end terminals AFTER you have established the correct length. I crimped and then soldered mine. Make sure the positive cable is routed so that the insulation does not nicked at therefore grounded.
is the negative cable really that short? they make it look like its 12 inches long max

-
Back