Bay Area/ Northern California Mopar shop owners?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any performance shops/ classic car restoration shops that do only mopar in the Bay Area/ Northern California? I know of Mopar Engines West but not of any other ones. On a side note, there are tons of Chevy and Ford Shops in the Bay Area. To anyone who has a shop what does it take to open one? Big clientele list that you have established elsewhere before opening your own shop? Special talents/skills that you have? I am just curious because as a Mopar person in Northern California my options are severely limited, I just would think that if someone opened up a shop in the bay area it would be an profitable opportunity due to location?

Yeah, but with the economy the way it is, restoring cars is a want, not a need. Right now many people do not have the money to invest in their cars when they need to pay the mortgage (so the banks don't take your house from you) and keeping food on the table and the bills paid.

If you were seriously considering this, it would be better to wait until the economy picks up and people have the extra money to put into fixing their hobby cars.

Thanks for the reply KrazyKuda, yeah I see that is a big problem for the hobby with a lot of performance brands that have been around for awhile going under. The fact that these cars are not a necessity im sure scares people who want to try and open something from doing it. Kinda sucks, I am going to school for criminal justice but that kinda is lacking in jobs too and my passion is working on these old mopars and going to the junkyards on the weekends just for the hell of it. If the whole CJ does not workout this was a backup plan but not a real good one lol. There was a shop that I went to a long time ago for some parts in Sunnyvale called Dreamlot which seemed pretty cool, not sure if it is around anymore.

-
Back