[WANTED] BB 383 chrysler offset bolt hole rocker shafts.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I’m in the process of topping of my Eddie performer rpm heads on my 383 with my Harland sharp shaft type using the geometry kit from Mike at B3 racing engines. He is a super nice guy and educated me on what adjustments to my rocker shafts would be needed to optimize geometry. I switched over from cast iron 915 heads to edelbrock performer rpms. Well it isn’t a direct swap rockers bolt on head and go. The kit mike built for me will reposition my rocker shafts to optimize the geometry on top of my Eddie heads. What I’m looking for is two rocker shafts that are modified to bolt down using offset bolt holes to move the position of the shaft. I’m told that they aren’t made any more but were by Harland sharp at one time. Does anyone have a set up they would sell?
Carl

Last edited:
you have to mill the pads flat and use a block to run the offset shafts

Everyone thanks for the feedback. Here is my situation right now. I worked with Mike at B3 racing super knowledgeable guy and very patient. Big kudos to him. He just sent me my geometry correction kit for the swap of my Harland sharp 1.6 roller rockers. I’m moving them from my old 915 cast iron heads on my 383 to my Eddie performer rpms.
Well I found out that you can’t just swap out heads and bolt back on the roller rockers. So I have some issues beforehand I go any further with assembly. I have taken some close up pics to refer to.

I realize that when putting the roller rockers back on, the oiling hole in the shaft should face down towards the valve side.
Well with the shift in the new lifted offset position will the oiling still be effective if I point the holes down and toward the valve side?
I wasn’t sure which way the offset kit should move the rockers up towards the valves or up towards the pushrods?
I have taken a series of pics showing the positioning of the spacers and what the contact point looks like at the valve tip and roller. Which one looks correct?
Do I need offset rocker shafts?
How do I know how long the pushrods need to be? Will that be determined when I go to set preload and lash?
I have been told that the adjustment screw should show roughly 2 threads when set on pushrod correctly?
I also have taken some pics of the spacers Mike made me. Only two of them have two little notches cut in them do they need to be placed a certain way?
I know a lot of questions but really trying to learn by doing everything myself.
Carl

Here are the pics the first two are with the spacers one way and the position of the roller valvetip contact and the second two show them reversed. I have attached another pic with the shaft spacers and the two that are different.

52144995-404A-4AEC-9F33-298A283F0C3E.jpeg

E7292DDD-A64E-456F-8674-E93671ACBB0B.jpeg

E09B3CED-17CB-4371-94F9-8A420073CF91.jpeg

7408E2ED-3A33-4996-B5E6-F6ED22CC5DF4.jpeg

The more I look at the photos the more it looks like the second positioning of the roller and the valve tip look better in terms of contact point. However, I thought that you wanted the roller to contact in the center of the valve tip?

I saw your other post on this. You absolutely need to contact Mike on this and have him walk you through it. You need to make sure that the shims go on in the right direction as well as on the pedestal they were designed for. Anything less and you wasted your money and will have problems. I have one of Mike's kits and they are flawless but they must be installed consistent with their design. Don't listen to people that don't have any experience with the kits. They probably don't have all the background they need to be able to offer you good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back