BB Intake Gaskets

-

matthon

Reaction score
So I bought the intake gasket set for a 383 and it came with the aluminum piece and 4 cork intake/head gaskets.
I am running a weiand high rise, do I need to use all the gaskets?
If not, how does it seal with just the aluminum piece, and what's with the 4 gaskets?
The guys at the parts store had no idea.

And here is a random pic:

i330254441_68655_6.jpg

So I bought the intake gasket set for a 383 and it came with the aluminum piece and 4 cork intake/head gaskets.
I am running a weiand high rise, do I need to use all the gaskets?
If not, how does it seal with just the aluminum piece, and what's with the 4 gaskets?
The guys at the parts store had no idea.

And here is a random pic:

The belly tray (aluminum piece) itself is all I've ever use with a very, almost non existant smear of high temp silicone on the raise area around each intake port and the front and back where it seals to the block. If you've got heads that have been shaved on either the fire deck area or intake flange you may need to use a gasket on each side of the belly tray to get it to seal to the intake manifold.

The belly tray is this thing right. http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...cw==&level2=SW50YWtlICYgQmFzZQ==&partid=10669

Terry

Thank you, it seemed like I only needed the belly tray, but it also made no sense to have 4 extra gaskets. I was thinking 2 gaskets would be sufficient for a stoke intake, but then there would still be 2 extra.

-
Back