bb k-member sb motor

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
i have a 400 in my 69 barracuda and am wanting to put a small bock back in it. am i stuck changeing out the k member or do they make motor montes to bolt in a small block? thanks

lol i didnt want to have to swop it if i didnt have to and didnt know if they made mounts like that, if they dont then will a k-member out of a 72 dart fit.

never heard of BB K to SB K mounts...any 68-72 K will work...but I have to ask, why get rid of the 400 for a SB?
are you sure your K is a BB and not a SB with the BB swap mounts?

yes it is a big block K member. previous owner took out the 340 and small block K member and put a 383 with a big block K member. the reason i want to do that is i have fender wall headers and i wanted to put back a 340 or 360.

yes it is a big block K member. previous owner took out the 340 and small block K member and put a 383 with a big block K member. the reason i want to do that is i have fender wall headers and i wanted to put back a 340 or 360.

If that is a factory BB k mamber it is worth some big bucks. otherwise it may just be a modified SB K member. You could just modifie it back to original place if you have a welder.

What type of mounts do you have?

Still not really following you on why you want to swap it out...but to each there own.

Might want to move this out of A body Interior trim section though.

Phil

-
Back