BB to /6 904

-

RichardR

Reaction score
I know there's a kit to do this out there but I was wondering if anyone here has done it?

I know it's not recommended but the BB I have is going to mild and strictly for daily driver use. Just curious If someone has done it.

Thanks

Not that I've ever heard of! The slant six starter is in a different location all together.

I know there's a kit to do this out there but I was wondering if anyone here has done it?

I know it's not recommended but the BB I have is going to mild and strictly for daily driver use. Just curious If someone has done it.

Thanks
wont even work, and the 904 would get shredded by a BB's torque in even stock trim. you can get BB 727s cheap as cores.....

I just went from a Torque Flight 727 to a A833 4 Speed. I had my 727 Completely gone through- one or two smokey burnouts in the driveway. Slams second hard, and a healthy hit in third. I doubt you can use the 3000 Stall Torque Converter I had built to match my 10.5:1, Lunati Cam'd, 1967 383HP. Need a perfect trans? I have one- needs nothing but fluid. I probably should have listed the trans in a different forum. My apologies if I stepped out of line. I have never advertised this trans in any media what so ever.
tpg

It can be done. You will need a JW Ultrabell bellhousing for 904 to big block. To use it you have to cut the original bellhousing off and the JW bellhousing bolts on top of the pump using longer bolts. I very much doubt the /6 904 will hold up for long behind even a mild big block though. The hardware inside it is not as beefy as a V-8 904. I'm not a trans expert but I think you'd be more likely to succeed with a V-8 904 and having someone who knows a lot about them rebuild it with some tweaks.

-
Back