BBD off of '77 318 to Super six

-

dane1968

Reaction score
I've got a Carter 8146 off a '77 318, would like to have it rebuilt and replace the choke lever to the /6 one for my '63 Dart. All State Carburetor restores Carter carbs. Is there any problem with having this carb modified for my application. I'm going to be using a Buchillon Performance transmission lockdown and throttle cable set. Just need to get the correct gas pedal to change from rod linkage to cable.

I've got a Carter 8145 off a '77 318, would like to have it rebuilt and replace the choke lever to the /6 one for my '63 Dart. All State Carburetor restores Carter carbs. Is there any problem with having this carb modified for my application. I'm going to be using a Buchillon Performance transmission lockdown and throttle cable set. Just need to get the correct gas pedal to change from rod linkage to cable.

Smog carb....It will work,but you'll have to plug some of the ports on it.
I prefer an early (68-69) 318 BBD for the Super Six conversion.
Good luck !

Carb only has one vacuum port and the PCV port on the flange plate. Casting for base plate is 2441. Upper casting is 6-2138. Float body is C-2373. Aluminum tag 8146S 0287 Would this work for my application?

Assuming you have a 2bbl (super six) intake your Carter BBD will work.

-
Back