BBJ into spindle

-

MemphisDart

Reaction score
Seems as if the upper ball joint is not going in the spindle like it should. There is a huge gap in between the two. Is there some type of tool that could maybe push the ball joint in more?

What are you trying to do?
Are you trying to put a large ball joint upper control arm, into a small ball joint spindle hole?
Then that's not going to work.
Let us know more, so someone can answer your question.

Sorry for not giving more detail...I am finishing a drum to disk swap, large ball joint to large spindle. It just seems like it's not in far enough, because when I put the wheels on and pulled it out of the garage the upper control arm moved up a little which made the front end drop. So I figured that the gap in between is too wide.

It should fit easily unless you have a small ball joint spindle and large ball joint and upper A arm. Do you have the dust boot on? Without it may look weird.

Pics show the car height before pulling out of the drive way, and by the time I do a loop the body has dropped

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 118
  • dart8.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 127
  • dart7.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 150
  • dart6.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 137
  • dart5.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 123
  • dart4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 122
  • dart3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 124
  • dart2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 143
You can see the top of the tire in the first pic and in the second one the tire is under the fender.

Attachments

• dart10.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 143
  • dart11.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 141
Looks like you could just tighten up the torsion bars if you want to raise the front. It's common for them to settle in after you take the car off a jack and start rolling the car around. Probably also may need an alignment after the new ball joints. Did you install bushings as well?

Wheels look nice did you get the 7" or 8" width?

-
Back